06-30-2020

US

23 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 1 of 2

Yogabook C930 Fingerprint Driver Confusion

2020-09-13, 13:05 PM

Where does the fingerprint driver show up on the device manager?  My scanner is a bit quirky, so I thought that I would get the newer driver on the support page.  It is a Realtek driver, and I tried to install it.  It seemed to work without complaint, but I suspect that it isn't working because I can't find it in the device manager anywhere.   The only entry that I have for biometric devices lists something like this:

SYNO_M3000 WBDI(DCHU) 

Whatever that is, the realtek driver didn't replace it, and maybe that is why I'm getting quirky behavior.  Should I uninstall this driver manually and try to reinstall the realtek one?

Edit:  I went ahead and manually updated the driver to use the realtek one by way of the device manager, and it did NOT work at all.  It also made the e-ink keyboard mousepad go haywire, so I rolled back to the other driver, and it's business as usual now.  The kbd is okay again, and the finger scan comes up about half the time.  

;

Options

11 Posts

06-29-2020

US

16 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Yogabook C930 Fingerprint Driver Confusion

2020-09-14, 7:38 AM

Try pressing harder with your finger. It also helps to breathe on your finger just before you press it down.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete