04-25-2017

US

9 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 1 of 3

overheating and poor service

2020-06-15, 22:37 PM

I've had my C930 since early December 2019, My great looking and great working notebook started tanking right after I got it, Constantly needed to call for tech support to get it back running. 

I've had in-home service come and replace the motherboard and fans due to overheating and they stated the battery pack melted to the motherboard/keyboard as they proceeded to pull them apart. 

Next, about a week later the video went totally nuts rendering it useless. Lenovo wanted me to have in home service return. I refused because I saw the way the repairs were handled. So around another week and many phone calls later I was approved to send it in as an "Escalated case", so several more days go by while I waited for a return kit. 

My return kit arrived and it was shipped back, I heard nothing for a good week and meanwhile had to borrow a computer from a friend because I maintain several eCommerce websites and handle multiple vendors etc.

I finally got back my factory approved repaired unit only to find the keyboard now barely works, the unit surface heat under normal conditions measures over 110 degrees F. and it is again unusable!

The time I have been without the use of my C930 K top of the line $1889 notebook has exceeded a month and I had even purchased 2 years of Premium Service! 

What Crap!  I wanted to upgrade to a 940 and pay the difference, but all I get is stonewalling and telling me they only replace computers less that 30 days old. 

My next choice will either be my credit card company, Social media. I have had many lenovo computers (still have several at work) and none of them have been like this lemon! Even my relatives and friends have also purchased them after asking for my input.  Unless this is resolved, I will be letting everyone know how they do not take care of issues in a timely or customer conscious manner. More than 35 calls to service after being sent to another department are both excessive and time consuming.

Admin note; post edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2401 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4902 Signins

49771 Page Views

• Views: 49771
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:overheating and poor service

2020-06-16, 12:45 PM

Moved from Yoga Book C930 Community.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

1 Posts

04-25-2017

US

9 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:overheating and poor service

2020-07-22, 12:02 PM

OK So while it did take an excessive amount of ranting and several repairs, my laptop was replaced and I am very satisfied. I do believe that things shouldn't need to go to some of the extremes that I needed to in order to get attention. Not if you want to keep customers. But Thank you Lenovo!

Dave S

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete