Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dr_nagrom
What's DOS?
Views: 1,166
Message 1 of 6

Android x86 running on Windows Yoga Book, but hardware issues

Hi All,

I have got android x86 Oreo running on my yoga book from a micro sd card. It works well and is a lot quicker/snappier than Windows 10. However I'm having some hardware issues. Touchscreen, WIFI, Bluetooth and physical buttons (e.g. volume rocker) work, but the speakers, camera, halo keyboard gyroscope, etc do not work. Atm, I've been using an app to manually rotate the screen, and Bluetooth for audio.

Any ideas how I can fix this, as I have looked to see if anyone has made a compatible image, or if there were "driver" equivalents for the android version of the yoga book that I could install onto this os image?

Many thanks for any of your help.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 1,126
Message 2 of 6

Re: Android x86 running on Windows Yoga Book, but hardware issues

You did some really good progress by running Android on a Windows Yoga Book. Dual boot is still not possible because the BIOS is not the same between the two models. Also I've read on XDA Forums that you will end up with a half working Yoga Book when you run Android on it.

Dr_nagrom
What's DOS?
Views: 1,123
Message 3 of 6

When you say half working, are you referring to the problem I've raised? That only part of the Yoga Book works when running Android, cause Windows 10 (the original OS) still runs fine on the internal storage. I looked up today, and on the Lenovo Support page for this device, there is some open source stuff for the Android version of this.
FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 1,121
Message 4 of 6

Yeah I meant what you said. People who have done that all ended up with the same results as you.. ☹ Lenovo simply does not want to allow us to run both Windows and Android on the Yoga Book. I would love to see that happen one day.

qxhys
What's DOS?
Views: 927
Message 5 of 6

Hi, may i know which android-x86 image you used? Im using this one here 

http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-8-1-r1

However it doesnt boot into android.

Also when you said the speakers didnt work, how about the 3.5mm audio jack, did that work?

Thank you.

Dr_nagrom
What's DOS?
Views: 567
Message 6 of 6

Yeah, it was that image. Mine would boot into android. Speakers would not work, 3.5mm audio jack wouldn't work, but Bluetooth did (so I could get audio throught that)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors