Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-05-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 6

Annoying Shift Key Behavior on Yoga Book Halo Keyboard

2017-03-05, 15:45 PM

I'm trying to figure out if I like my Yoga Book enough to keep it, and this might be the most annoying issue that I have with it.

If I press Shift to capitalize a letter and then immediately type another letter, the capitalized letter will be followed by a lowercase instance of the same letter. This can happen with any key, and it happens consistently. Like this:

Aai

Kkj

Ooi

Ggy

I doubt that this is a hardware issue, but I can't say for sure. Is this a common bug? Is there any fix?

Options

5 Posts

12-31-2016

Germany

14 Signins

202 Page Views

• Views: 202
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Annoying Shift Key Behavior on Yoga Book Halo Keyboard

2017-03-05, 20:32 PM
I´m sorry but I don´t think this is a common bug. Havén´t heard this bevor, nor has my Yoga Book this behavior :(
Regards Marc
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-03-08, 9:35 AM

I haven't had this problem but could it be a case of getting used to the keyboard more?

It strikes me that what could be happening is that the first capital is registered when the shift and letter key are pressed, the lowercase repeat of that letter when shift has been lifted but the letter key is still down and the third letter registering as the finger typing letters drifts to an adjacent key.

Perhaps it would be worth trying to to develop a lighter quicker touch with the keyboard than you would with an ordinary one. I've found myself doing this and I quite like it - it's quiet and easy on the fingers.

Then again, perhaps your keyboard is just really sensitive.

Options

41 Posts

12-16-2016

United States of America

58 Signins

493 Page Views

• Views: 493
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-03-20, 16:57 PM

(tldr: try sticky keys!)

This happens to me a lot, but it's not so much a bug as that a keyboard without physical buttons has to be used a little differently. Personally I find that if I make sure to press shift with the opposite hand as the letter I'm capitalizing, it's much easier to not hold the 'keys' too long and get a second letter. Like, instead of trying for instance to capitalize a "T" by holding left shift with my left pinky and hitting the T with my left pointer finger, I would hold left shift with my left pinky and hit the T with my right hand. Same approach for all key commands. It's a bit cumbersome, but I've gotten used to it, and this device is clearly not focused on typing a lot.

All of that said, I'm sure they could make this better with software - If the shift key worked like it does on the windows tablet keyboard (where you press shift, and it stays down until you press a letter) this problem would be mostly eliminated.

Realizing that, right when I first got the yoga book, I used it with sticky keys enabled. I ended up disabling that though, since it makes the super/start key sticky as well, and I don't like that.

Options

2 Posts

05-09-2017

Turkey

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-05-09, 9:27 AM
I live the same problem. In Turkey, this product is not even supported by the phone. Service quality is very bad, I could not find a solution. I will give it to the court.
Options

2 Posts

05-09-2017

Turkey

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-05-09, 9:36 AM

https://goo.gl/photos/bsgWYdwnte9Aqfgk9

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms