NL

12 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 4

BIOS Update Caused Windows 10 to Fail

2019-11-29, 16:09 PM

Hi guys,

Today I was checking Lenovo Solution Center on my Yoga C740, and I found that an esential update is missing (according to Lenovo's suggestion). I took the advice and installed the update, the laptop restarted while plugged-in, and the new updates were installed successfully.

After that, the computer restarted, showed the Windows 10 sign-in screen, and froze. After around 15 mins, I manually restarted the laptop through the power button. Then I had an error message which reads, "Your PC couldn't start properly."

File: \windows\system32\hall.dll

Error code: 0xc0000098

I do not have a recovery flash drive, and I don't want to lose my data, and I have no idea what to do.

Any suggestions?

Options

2 Posts

11-29-2019

US

1 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: BIOS Update Caused Windows 10 to Fail

2019-11-29, 21:01 PM

Sorry for your pain! I also have been experiencing a similar, very irritating problem on my Yoga 720:

Randomly, with no warning, I get a Blue Screen of death with states "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.......Stop Code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA....What Failed: Netwtw06.sys" - then there's a countdown for a few seconds, and the Laptop reboots!! Very frustrating! I think the solution is for Lenovo to come up with a downladable patch, but it seems they have Not done so yet! Perhaps they also need to provide you with a patch to fix your similar problem. Their Tech Support is very weak - NOT helpful!

At BestBuy - Geek Squad - I finally found an honest Tech who clearly explained that Microsoft made performed an update to Windows 10 about 6 months ago -exactly when this issue started (the Laptop was very fine for the year before that!!) - and that update conflicts with the hardware on Yoga 720s!!! So Lenovo and/or Microsoft should really give us a Solution!

I already did a System Restore and wiped out everything, but that still did NOT solve this Netwtw06.sys error!

Options

6 Posts

11-10-2019

NL

12 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: BIOS Update Caused Windows 10 to Fail

2019-11-30, 9:07 AM
Thank you Spock2.

It is really frustrating. I hope they can invest some time in fixing your problem. In my opinion; both Microsoft and Lenovo are responsible for that.

Often, I will not make any updates for the BIOS. But I thought that it must be compatible with the hardware because it was suggested officially by the manufacturer, Lenovo. I would expect them to further investigate this issue and notify the users NOT to make this update.

Still waiting for a response from Lenovo Support Team.
Options

1 Posts

09-27-2020

US

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:BIOS Update Caused Windows 10 to Fail

2020-09-27, 15:58 PM

Do  you have any update? I have the same problem 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete