Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tealight
Fanfold Paper
Views: 531
Message 1 of 6

Battery swelling in YB1-X91F

I have a Yoga Book YB1-X91F that is a little more than two years old. A few weeks ago, I noticed that the keyboard area is bulging, I assume due to a swelling battery. The computer still works fine otherwise. Of course, it's out of warranty.

Is there anything I can do? Can the battery even be replaced, or is my Yoga Book garbage at this point?

AlanLad25
Punch Card
Views: 466
Message 2 of 6

Re: Battery swelling in YB1-X91F

The halo keyboard on mine is slightly warped.  I'm assuming it is from the battery swelling.  Other than the annoyance of my Ypga Book not folding complete flat in tablet mode, it hasn't affected anything else.

tealight
Fanfold Paper
Views: 456
Message 3 of 6

I guess I'm glad to know it's not just mine. Is there any reason to believe this is potentially hazardous, or if the thing isn't rapidly expanding it's probably fine?
AlanLad25
Punch Card
Views: 451
Message 4 of 6

It's probably fine. There would have been a recall if it was hazardous .

Cornholio
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 5 of 6

Exact the same happens to my Yoga Book.

But all works fine until now.

When it was new i had to use my fingernails to open it, but now it opens itself Smiley Wink

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 243
Message 6 of 6

Mine is a little more than two years old. The battery seems normal except for the part that the battery life has decreased from originally 13 hours (as claimed by Lenovo) to no more than two hours of continuous use. The overheating problem has to be a reason for this. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors