Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bentsch
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,087
Message 1 of 6

Cameras on Yoga Book rotated by 90 degrees

Both cameras on my Lenovo Yoga Book (Win10) have their images rotated by 90 degrees. This can be seen in the Camera app, where by the way clicking the settings button generates an exception (see image). 

snip_20181224231339.png

Reinstalling the driver (AVStream) and so forth did not help.

This seems to be kind of new, possibly connected to the latest win10 upgrade?

Anyway, this issue renders the cameras useless for Skype etc.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 1,025
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cameras on Yoga Book rotated by 90 degrees

This is not a problem specific to your device. This is a common problem with the latest camera app updates. I don't know what is Microsoft waiting for to fix this issue. 

Have a look at this thread: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/camera-orientation/88d1a744-7a...

Bentsch
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,011
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the quick response and helpful link.

So I will have to wait - though I'm not all sure whether this is a Microsoft issue; might also be a Intel driver problem.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 990
Message 4 of 6

@Bentsch

though I'm not all sure whether this is a Microsoft issue; might also be a Intel driver problem.

It has to be a Microsoft issue because the camera app and the rotation of the image were working fine prior to the latest app updates from the Microsoft Store.

The update before the latest one added a feature to select the rotation degree manually, and the latest update seems to fix the automatic image rotation, and removed the feature to select the rotation degree. However, when I click on the settings icon in the camera app, it crashes with the same error you have posted earlier in your thread.

It's also worth to note that I have not updated the Intel HD Graphics driver before experiencing this issue - so it's not an Intel driver problem.

Bentsch
Blue Screen Again
Views: 979
Message 5 of 6

I see your point, but it might still be a problem of the driver not adhering to the specification. Don't know if the problem occurs with non-Intel cameras but I would say it's quite unlikely that the bug goes unnoticed if all cameras were affected.

Anyway, we will have to wait for someone to fix the issue or provide a workaround (specifying the rotation).

SCOUSEinOz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 641
Message 6 of 6

Hi Bentsch, I am having the same issue and have been unable to find a fix. Have you had any luck in resolving the problem, it's now more than two months since your last post on the matter so I'm hoping you may have resolved it and could let me know how?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors