Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-22-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 8

Can't factory reset Yoga Book

2017-11-22, 8:36 AM

I need to reset my Yoga Book (Windows) to factory default, but since the unit doesn't come with recovery media or a recovery partition, I can't. When I go to "Reset This PC" and click "Get Started", it just states that it can't find the recovery environment, and to insert recovery media.

Same happens when I go through Novo Menu. It wants recovery media, which I don't have.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't factory reset Yoga Book

2017-11-22, 10:11 AM

Please check if you have the recovery drive along with the drive C: in the optimize drivers screen.

Right click on your Windows C: drive then click on properties. Click on tools then on optimize.

Options

5 Posts

11-22-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

41 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2017-11-22, 23:17 PM

Nope. No recovery partition. The D: is a microSD card.

Just bought this a few days ago at MicroCenter.

Options

5 Posts

11-22-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

41 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2017-11-23, 0:14 AM

Chatted with support. Said that the recovery partition might be corrupted. I dont know,i dont see it taking up any room on the internal storage. Is it possible there's not meant to be a recovery partition because of the limited amount of storage on this device (64gb)? The chat rep seemed to think there should be a recovery partiton there...

Pretty disappointing

Options

322 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1906 Signins

9940 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9940
  • Message 5 of 8

2017-11-23, 0:26 AM

I don't think there is a factory image available on Lenovo support.

That means you would need to create  recovery media. Not sure if you'd be able to do that from your Yoga Book if something is already wrong with the system, so you may need to use another windows 10 computer.

From settings page that's Update and security>Back Up>Go to Backup and restore(Windows 7) then choose "Create a system image" or "Create a system repair disc" depending on what you are trying to achieve. (I know you said you want to factory default, but not why - there might be a better way of helping with your issue if we knew.)

It might be easier to make an installation media and do a clean re-install of Windows and then install any drivers you need.

Either way you'll need to burn an image to DVD or USB drive. USB drive connected with OTG adaptor is easiest. You might be able to do it with a memory card if you have one available - but I've never done it so I'm not certain about that.

Or you could go to https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht502594 and follow the link to get help from Lenovo.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2017-11-23, 6:35 AM

Seems like your recovery files that are used for reset proccess were deleted somehow. I have the 46GB version of the Windows Yoga Book as well, and I did a reset to factory settings before. You can see there is a recovery partition in the screenshot provided earlier.

You can try to do an in-place windows installation using "Media Creation Tool" from Microsoft which might help you fix any system corruption. Or you can try what Davidbenton says. Keep in mind that using a recovery media will delete everything on your system including the apps that came with your device such as ArtRage Lite. You may need to install them back along with the drivers.

If you can boot to Windows on your device, I advise you to do the in-place Windows installation. It fixes any errors in your Windows by replacing it with a new copy. Look at it as an upgrade but to the same Windows version.

Let us know what you do ? Good luck.

Options

5 Posts

11-22-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

41 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2017-11-23, 8:09 AM

Thanks for your responses. The reason for wanting to re-image was because I borked an installation of Adobe Acrobat halfway through, and it wouldn't accept the serial number on subsequent install attempts. Because it's still brand new, I figured I would just wipe it clean and start over. 

I managed to clean it up (just needed to delete some program data folders that were left over), and everything seems to be working fine.

I think for the future, I'll probably just use the Media Creation Tool if I ever need to reset it. 

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2017-11-23, 8:15 AM

Glad to know your issue is fixed. If you have any further issues or concerns, feel free to ask the community 

Best of luck to you. ?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms