07-14-2017

Portugal

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 4

Correct way to install drivers

2020-10-24, 17:47 PM

Hello. I have factory reset my windows yoga book, expecting the drivers would easily install. The automatic driver update on the website doesn't work and, though I have tried to do it manually, I cant for the life of me make my yoga book work properly again. Sound problems, no vibration on halo keyboard... read other posts on how hard it is to reconfigure and i am not exactly tech savvy. Is there anyone willing to give me a hand with this? Correct way to install drivers, an easy solution i dont know about? Thanks for the help

Options

454 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1225 Signins

7195 Page Views

• Views: 7195
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Correct way to install drivers

2020-10-26, 17:53 PM

I've never tried installing Yoga Book's drivers from scratch but I believe that they all exist on Lenovo's website with download links and .txt files that explain the installation process. 

As I recall, you have to install two things for the sound to work properly (Realtek HD Audio driver and Dolby Audio). For the Halo Keyboard 2.0.0.7 drivers, you have to carefully read the instructions in the read me file inside the zip. Doing everything in the correct order (with restarting after each step) should make it work for you. 

However, there's a known problem with the vibration not working properly in Yoga Books running Win 10 version 2004 or later. No fix yet and Lenovo doesn't seem to care.

If you find yourself stuck with faulty drivers and you can't figure a way to fix the issues you're experiencing, then I suggest you do a brand new installation for Windows 10 by following this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/yoga-book/how-to/windows-guide-creating-windows-10-t3718823

The above guide explains how you can install a fresh copy of Windows 10 with all the drivers pre-installed and pre-loaded. I tried it last year and it worked like a charm. Read all the 25 pages of comments though and follow the steps carefully. 

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Faris 

Options

295 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1880 Signins

9790 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9790
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-27, 9:25 AM

Like FarisJayyousi I haven't done a fresh install myself.

It would be useful to have a listed order for installing drivers. (Perhaps there is one somewhere in Sandmans posts on XDA - but I haven't read them all carefully enough.)

It seems to me that there are three main stages:

First -  the motherboard stuff. This, I guess, gets identified and installed automatically with Windows, though there might be bits that are not.

Along with these there will be some basic hardware drivers. However this won't include the keyboard and touchpad on the Yoga Book because it's not like standard USB or the old PS2 devices.

Second - Lenovo supplied support services - for example Multimode Services. I thinks there's also something there to support the haptic feedback hardware and switching between the Keyboard and the create pad.

Third - the actual device drivers - in particular the Goodix keyboard driver - but there will be others.

I think if you install the devices before you have the services that support them in place then that's where the problems arise and there may be other tricks to it that I'm not aware of but that's what I will try if I ever get round to doing a fresh install.

Options

1 Posts

01-06-2021

Romania

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-01-06, 7:28 AM

hi, the link from xda is broken. do you still have the yoga book setup files?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms