Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bev4386
Paper Tape
Views: 269
Message 21 of 28

Re: Drive is locked

Well - now the internet won't stay connected no matter what I do.  Isn't life great.  I'm going to throw this thing in the trash. :-)))

Highlighted
FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 258
Message 22 of 28

Try running the troubleshooter and search for connection problems before throwing it in the trash. It might save its life.

Bev4386
Paper Tape
Views: 252
Message 23 of 28

I am fairly computer savvy and have tried all the usual helps.  I've run troubleshooter several times - have checked EVERYTHING possible.  I have three computers in this area.  One is a desktop I had built for me and  two laptops - one is the YOGA and the othera Toshiba.  If only there were still Toshibas on the market.  I own two of them and they have been great computers.

The YOGA says it's connected/secured when it actually will not connect to the internet (either Internet Explorer - Edge - or Firefox) until I go through the process of disconnecting and reconnecting.

IOW-  Belkin connection says connected/secured but there is no internet connection in reality and will only connect again when I go through the nonsense of disconnecting and then reconnecting about every 5 minutes when trying to use the internet.  BTW - I use the internet all day long and into the night.  My Toshiba does not have any problem once connected.

I've even reset Windows 10 TWICE from a thumbdrive created that updates Windows before it resets the computer and keeps software and files.  Still the internet connection drops constantly.

This is not just the hard drive obviously but a bad product or do you have any suggestions I may not have thought of.  My IT expert said he would take a look at the computer once again but thinks it's merely a substandard computer or there would not be another BIG problem so soon.

Live and Learn, right?

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 242
Message 24 of 28

At this point, I advise you to take this device to your local Lenovo center and consider replacing the unit. You mentioned in your previous replies that your Yoga device is around 6 months old which supposedly means it's still under warranty. The IT technician might have changed something that would cause this problem to happen - but I'm not sure. 

Have you made any changes prior to having this issue? It could be a driver malfunction problem but I doubt it. Your best option now is to take it back to the IT guy or to Lenovo's repair center and hope that your warranty is still valid.

Let us know how it goes.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 236
Message 25 of 28

Bev4386
Paper Tape
Views: 212
Message 26 of 28

Thank you.  How do you find the Lenovo center in a particular city?

Bev4386
Paper Tape
Views: 211
Message 27 of 28

Thank you - I'll try these.  Yesterday I plugged in a thumb drive but the computer wouldn't read it.  After disconnecting and reconnecting the thumb drive to the computer the 3rd time, I got a message that the drive needed repair.  The computer fixed the problem.  That too is the first time having that happen on one of my laptops.  Then I tried to shut down the computer to retire for the evening.  The computer appeared to shut down (the screen was black) but the keyboard was still lite and it would neither turn off or turn on.  After a while, it turned off and I could turn it on again.  UGH

Bev4386
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 28 of 28

THANK YOU - Thank You - Thank You a million times over.  Cross you fingers but the site you sent me https://techwiser.com/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access/ - flushing the DNS has hopefully solved my problem.  Since this morning after receiving your message and I flushed the DNS, my internet connection has not dropped one time and it was dropping approximately every 5 minutes.

Thanks Again.  Now maybe I won't have to throw this computer in the trash.  With what I do all day long every day the one thing that cannot happen is to be without a stable internet connection.

You are my new hero....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals