Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

04-03-2018

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

6 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 1 of 10

Enabling anypen on yoga book

2018-04-03, 5:41 AM

I could only use the screen with fingers but never a pen. but i suppose the yoga book has anypen function that I could actually draw on the screen directly using the pen provided? Anyone could help? I really need the function to annotate on screen (document) directly in tablet mode which is the main reason I bought the yoga book :(

Answer
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880

Re: Enabling anypen on yoga book

2018-04-03, 14:55 PM

Anypen is not quite what it's name suggests and is also not the same as the tech used on the create pad.

Anypen needs something with a tip that is conductive and makes a certain amount of contact with the screen (1mm diameter approx - I seem to recall).

I've found a blunt lead pencil is good (soft lead preferably). But for example, two of the tips provided with the microsoft surface pen will work - but the finer two don't (for me at least), but it's not the surface pen that's working there it's just the tip itself. Many of the alternative pens people are trying work with the create pad but don't work as Anypens because they don't fit the criteria - size of tip and material.

I would check the drivers as suggested before, but I would look in the device manager under Human Interface Devices in case there's a yellow warning trangle there, and re-install/update the drivers before resorting to a reset.

Assuming you do get Anypen working, Screen Sketch in the Windows Ink Workspace might do what you want for annotations - but prossibly is not the best way. There are PDF viewers that support annotations, I believe, but I can't recommend anything 'cos I don't use any myself. Screen Sketch would at least work over different document formats.

Replies(9)
Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 2 of 10

2018-04-03, 6:40 AM
I really need the function to annotate on screen (document) directly in tablet mode which is the main reason I bought the yoga book :(

The Yoga Book is not designed for this purpose. The Waccom Digitizer (Create Pad) is meant for note taking and drawing purposes with its 2048 levels of pressure. However, you can do some of that on the screen but keep in mind that it has no palm rejection or pressure sensitivity. 

Any pen is enabled by default on the screen, meaning you can use any pointy tool to use the screen. The included Lenovo pen does work but I prefer using my Samsung Galaxy Note stylus for the purpose of doodling directly on the screen. 

Options

5 Posts

04-03-2018

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

6 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2018-04-03, 7:30 AM

Thanks!

I understand that it is far better to write on the create pad, but problem is i can get nothing to draw or scroll on screen directly except my fingers. I haven't successfully interacted with the screen using any pointy... so could this be the active pen function disabled or is my device faulty?

P.S. I also love using galaxy note pen with my yoga book. the lenovo degitizer pen works well too ;)

Options

1 Posts

04-03-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 10

Mozilla Firefox Support

2018-04-03, 7:38 AM

As we see nowadays, people are using different types of the router for different types of work, it may be related to education, business etc. So people have to face different problem related to connectivity, speed etc. For more details visit  Mozilla Firefox Support

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2018-04-03, 12:25 PM

Ahh in this case I really don't know what's the reason behind that.. ☹ Mine works fine and the touch screen of my Yoga Book can be used even by the tip of a fork. 

Just a question to make sure: You have the Windows Yoga Book right? Because in Android version, there's an option in the settings to enable/disable AnyPen.

Options

5 Posts

04-03-2018

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

6 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2018-04-03, 13:42 PM

Yes mine is a windows version... Ahhhh I don't really want to take it back to warranty coz it is now working perfectly fine just except the anypen function. It looks like more a driver problem to me but I am not sure :( resetting system or taking to warranty is really the last thing I want to try as it would take me few days to go through the whole personalization again :(((

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2018-04-03, 13:57 PM

I might be mistaken but I don't think there is a certain driver responsible for that. Maybe other members can confirm this point.

If it's a driver problem then most probably a system reset would fix it, but it might be a hardware problem.. ☹

Answer
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2018-04-03, 14:55 PM

Anypen is not quite what it's name suggests and is also not the same as the tech used on the create pad.

Anypen needs something with a tip that is conductive and makes a certain amount of contact with the screen (1mm diameter approx - I seem to recall).

I've found a blunt lead pencil is good (soft lead preferably). But for example, two of the tips provided with the microsoft surface pen will work - but the finer two don't (for me at least), but it's not the surface pen that's working there it's just the tip itself. Many of the alternative pens people are trying work with the create pad but don't work as Anypens because they don't fit the criteria - size of tip and material.

I would check the drivers as suggested before, but I would look in the device manager under Human Interface Devices in case there's a yellow warning trangle there, and re-install/update the drivers before resorting to a reset.

Assuming you do get Anypen working, Screen Sketch in the Windows Ink Workspace might do what you want for annotations - but prossibly is not the best way. There are PDF viewers that support annotations, I believe, but I can't recommend anything 'cos I don't use any myself. Screen Sketch would at least work over different document formats.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2018-04-03, 15:38 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention - in Windows Ink you have to select pen mode (at least I think that's what it is, I'm on a different machine right now - click on the pointing hand with swiggly line) before using the Anypen on the screen works. I missed that one for ages myself.

Options

5 Posts

04-03-2018

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

6 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2018-04-06, 4:02 AM
Thanks soooooooooooo much!! I should have noticed this before. Anypen is really not for ANY pen at my hand... it is just for metal or anything that conducts.... no wonder my digitizer doesn't work on the screen...
what a great relief that I could save a trip to warranty ;P
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms