Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-07-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Forgot BitLocker and require format the drive and reinstall everything or use restore point

2021-06-07, 5:27 AM

Hi all,

Do anyone where can I get the recovery/image cd or file that I can use to reinstall after formatting the drive?

There is nothing in resources or downloadable files on the site at all.

I had to buy a new computer because I cannot get any supporting file to fix it. If anyone can point me to the right path, that will be a lifesaver!!

Thanks in advance,

LC

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Forgot BitLocker and require format the drive and reinstall everything or use restore point

2021-06-07, 7:33 AM

If you used a Microsoft account you can get your bitlocker key by logging into it (on this device or any other) and getting it from there. If you google "recover bitlocker key" you should get a link that will take you there easily enough.

Assuming you have a Yoga Book there is no image available and because of it's unusual hardware. I would avoid trying a complete wipe and fresh re-install if at all possible. It can be done but you need to be prepared with an iso, drivers, and an external keyboard/mouse and the means to connect them. Once you have a working setup done I strongly suggest making a system image as a just in case which can serve as a recovery tool.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms