Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Answer
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 11 of 19

Re: Halo Keyboard not responding

2018-05-22, 15:15 PM

That sounds a bit like what happens when the newer versions of Wacom Feel drivers are installed. Only the older ones work properly with the Yoga Book - the newer ones are for different technology that Wacom switched to on their Smart pens. I can't recall offhand which is the latest version that's good for the Yoga Book but I have posted about it here in the past.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

13 Posts

05-12-2018

Germany

10 Signins

290 Page Views

• Views: 290
  • Message 12 of 19

2018-05-22, 16:40 PM

Holy crap, thank you!

I did actually install a feel driver as one of my first attempts to fix the minor issue. I thought a reset would get rid of that, too, bur when I just looked, it was back in the device manager. So I went on "update driver" > "browse my computer for driver software" > "pick from a list of available drivers" and set it from "Wacom Device" to "I2C HID Device".

Now everything is back to normal (inlcuding the minor issue, but at least I can work with it again).

This took me about ten minutes.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 13 of 19

2018-05-23, 6:43 AM

I think you can still use a wacom feel driver but an old one. I think it's version ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-8 that's the latest I found that worked. (But it only gives you control of sensitivity if you need it). 

Here's the thread where I discussed it previously - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Book-Windows/Lenovo-yoga-book-constant-pen-pressure/td-p/3880738/page/2

Options

11 Posts

12-30-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 14 of 19

2018-06-01, 10:52 AM

Believe me, after wasting days on this: the only solution is a factory reset :  Press and hold at the same time Volume UP and Power keys. Everything gets wiped. But then everything works just like it did when the machine came out of the box. Now do all your Windows updates. The latest 17134 build takes up to 20 hours to install and needs 30 GB free space on the internal drive. But after that all will work just fine. And don't again run the latest Halo driver update. It will mess up everything again. There are thousands of similar complaints and experiences on the internet. But Lenovo just doesn't care. That's why they dropped far below in the ranking of customer satisfaction anywhere. They will probably soon go under or give up, just like Sony Vaio did for exactly those same reasons. Not getting rid of software developpers that sink the brand. There should be a special Guantanomo prison for software terrorists! 

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 15 of 19

2018-06-01, 11:02 AM

wrote:

Believe me, after wasting days on this: the only solution is a factory reset :  Press and hold at the same time Volume UP and Power keys. Everything gets wiped. But then everything works just like it did when the machine came out of the box. Now do all your Windows updates. The latest 17134 build takes up to 20 hours to install and needs 30 GB free space on the internal drive. But after that all will work just fine. And don't again run the latest Halo driver update. It will mess up everything again. 

This is exactly what I have done ? I installed Halo Keyboard 2.0.0.7 drivers after carefully reading the poor English translated steps. After I did everything as it's supposed to be, I ended up with tons of problems and decided to do a reset to factory defaults. I'm still using the factory drivers that came with the device, and have no intention to do any driver update as long as Lenovo keeps providing this poor customer support.

Options

1 Posts

11-09-2019

Ukraine

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 16 of 19

2019-11-09, 10:50 AM

Hello! How did you change the driver???

Where is device manager on Yogabook? If it is android!!!

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 17 of 19

2019-11-09, 14:24 PM

wrote:

Hello! How did you change the driver???

Where is device manager on Yogabook? If it is android!!!

We're here talking about the Windows version of the Yoga Book. 

Options

1 Posts

04-02-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 18 of 19

will not allow me to type properly

2020-04-02, 13:57 PM
I'm trying to write him a word document but my Lenovo Yoga Book will not type properly. It will add random letters on to words; send me to other parts of the document; repeat parts of a word I am typing and when I press the backspace button, it will sometimes function as normal and sometimes it will duplicate part of the word I am trying to delete! it is driving me INSANE! Please can somebody help...
Options

1 Posts

04-18-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 19 of 19

Re:Halo Keyboard not responding

2020-04-18, 21:43 PM

I bought Lenovo Yoga Book nearly three years ago. First or second month I had a screen graphic problems. I shared this problem with mediamark (It is a very common technology market in Turkey) because I bought the device from there. They sent it to the service then they gave my device back and they said there is not any problem. I have not been using it effectly for nearly more than 2 years, because I couldnt use its keyboard effectively and also I complete all technology required tasks at school. I only used it maybe checking some websites or open my mail account until today. I am a teacher and after corona virus quarantine I started to work from home. This is the 5th week of quarantine and I have been using Lenovo Yoga Book during this period. Today It is completely block its keyboard. I couldn't open my account which lesson materials and all necessary materials are found on deskop.  Today as I said something went wrong with its keyboard and login then I used other laptop which is very old and not working fast. I did online lessons and exams, in this time screen was freezing. My workload increased tenfold. I am really aggrieved and I suffer. I took a video to explain what happens but I cannot attach video to this message, only attached photo to show graphic disorder. 

I have to buy a new laptop as soon as possible. It makes me very sad that I spent so much money and not be able to yield. I understand your effort, but my frustration is much more. I wanted you to know that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms