Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-17-2019

Australia

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 4

How to reinstall Windows on Lenovo Yoga Book YB1-X91L?

2019-12-17, 4:00 AM

Hi,

How can I reinstlall Windows on Lenovo Yoga Book YB1-X91L? Can I download Windows 10 image from Lenovo website using serial #?

Thanks in advance!

Options

736 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: How to reinstall Windows on Lenovo Yoga Book YB1-X91L?

2019-12-17, 15:32 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community. 

Are you having issues with Windows? Can you still log in to your Yoga Book?

Here's a guide on how to restore the Yoga book to its factory settings: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-book/solutions/ht502594

To check if the Yoga Book is eligible with the Windows Recovery media program, enter the serial number here to request for a recovery USB or download a digital OS. 

You may also check this discussion on how to boot from USB.

Hope it helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

300 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1885 Signins

9810 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9810
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-12-17, 17:02 PM

You should be able to reinstall Windows without a serial number - it should authenticate Windows just fine. However actually doing it might be problematic: the keyboard won't function until the install is done and drivers are installed. Driver and supported software needs to be done in the correct order otherwise things won't work properly. (This has been discussed here previously.)

A reset or restore would be the better option. Personally I wouldn't even attempt a reinstall from scratch on a Yoga Book without having a good system image to hand to fall back on if things go bad.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-12-20, 4:32 AM

Try resetting your Yoga Book to factory defaults and see if it works fine. From my experience, it should fix whatever problem you're having with the OS.

If it doesn't help and you still need to reinstall Windows, carefully follow this guide for easier Windows installation.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/yoga-book/how-to/windows-guide-creating-windows-10-t3718823

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms