IE

5 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 1

Laptop repair - secondary to screen malfunction,

2020-10-09, 17:14 PM

Hi,

I bought a C630 laptop this year, the touchscreen stopped working the other day and then I noticed a tiny crack in the screen, it has since progressed and traverses the whole  screen from bottom to top. Then, the next day the touch pad stopped working.  I take really good care of this machine and was shocked that this happened. I did not drop or mishandle the laptop and fastidiously mind it. It rarely leaves my house.

I bought it from lenovo Ireland shop and bought an extended warranty. I requested a pickup and repair and presumed it was covered under warranty. I was subsequently contacted by a third party company here in Ireland who repair on behalf of lenovo. They told me that its "probably not covered" and it would cost 73 euro to have the machine assessed for eligibility for repair. They said it would likely cost a lot of money to repair and it wasn't worth repairing. 

I have spent ages on lenovos phone service which is extremely slow and inefficient and their web chat facility has proven useless. All I want to know is will the company fix the product which has to have a flaw. Has anyone else had a similar problem.  I think I paid about 800e for this laptop and expected a shelf life of more than 5-6 months, having used a Lenovo 900  for 5 years before by this machine.

The facts are that I cannot afford to pay closed to the full price of the machine for a repair and I think customers need to be given much clearer information regarding repair costs. Has anyone got any advice for me? I am sad  and frustrated.

Thank you

Brendan

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete