Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yesim99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,326
Message 1 of 14

Learning to Code on Yogabook

I will have to learn c++ language and python soon, i was wondering if i can use my yogabook for them have anyone tried using it for coding? what were your experiences?

excuse my bad english please

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,310
Message 2 of 14

Re: Learning to Code on Yogabook

Most notebook computers can be used to explore / learn code. What matters is which IDE you will be using and what it requires in hardware to run.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 1,307
Message 3 of 14

I don't know how well MS Visual Studio will run on the Yoga Book (I'd imagine it would be a bit slow but useable), but if you have a 64GB model you may find it eats up a lot of your storage space especially if you need a lot of the various components installed.

Yesim99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,302
Message 4 of 14

We will use dev c++ and java I think. I checked the minimum system requirements and yoga book fits both, but I still wanted to ask since its not actually a laptop and more like a tablet
Yesim99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,302
Message 5 of 14

as far as I know, we wont use ms visual studio, we will use dev-c++!
FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 1,275
Message 6 of 14

I know absolutely nothing about coding, but from my experince with the Windows Yoga Book, I won't be doing any intensive work on this little machine. It simply does not run Windows 10 smoothly (opening start menu for example is not smooth), and you'll always end up with a full RAM.

I don't really think it's capable of running heavy programs. (Microsoft Office runs well but Photoshop doesn't). The included ArtRage Trial, for example, runs extremely slow, even though it comes with the device.  

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 1,271
Message 7 of 14

The software the OP is talking about using looks like it would be pretty light - Photoshop and Office programs in contrast are rather heavy on resources. I suspect how effective the Yoga Book would be might depend on how much other software is installed. I keep it as lightweight as possible and find it's OK, slow sometimes yes, but OK (I bought the thing knowing that it wouldn't be suitable for some of the things I would do on my main machine). I don't use Photoshop but I would never have expected the Yoga Book to run it well.

Yesim99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,255
Message 8 of 14

Yes,I know it wont be able to run anything heavy! But we will only use dev c++ (as far as I know) which requires ,32 mb RAM only (yoga book has 4gb)! Since I dont know much about computers, I wanted to ask if anything else would get on my way (except RAM usage)
Yesim99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,255
Message 9 of 14

Same, I got mine mainly for taking notes, I thought the school would have computers for us to use in the classes (for the coding) but I learned they are expecting us to bring our own. I have another laptop at home (which is quite old but RAM is better than yoga book). I just didn't want to bring that one to school (its a lot heavier than yoga book). It says dev c++ (the program we will code on) can run on 32 mb ram and yoga book has 4gb, I uust wanted to ask if anything else will get on my way
FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 1,251
Message 10 of 14

@Yesim99 wrote:
Yes,I know it wont be able to run anything heavy! But we will only use dev c++ (as far as I know) which requires ,32 mb RAM only (yoga book has 4gb)! Since I dont know much about computers, I wanted to ask if anything else would get on my way (except RAM usage)

Ahh in thia case you'll most probably be fine. This device is ideal for light work and portability. I assumed you'll be installing heavy programs for coding (which I have no knowledge about). 

Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors