Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamB79
Paper Tape
Views: 10,047
Message 1 of 13

Lenova Yoga Book - SD+Sim Tray

I bought a SD memory card & got a Nano Sim card but tray only has a slot for the SD card ? Where can I get the correct tray to allow the Nano sim to be inserted to ? The tray shown in the owners book clearly shows a different tray.....help ?

PCollen
Paper Tape
Views: 9,311
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lenova Yoga Book - SD+Sim Tray

If you don't have the +LTE model, the SIM card will be useless. Read the specs on yor particular YB model . 

GrahamB79
Paper Tape
Views: 9,289
Message 3 of 13

Windows

PCollen
Paper Tape
Views: 9,260
Message 4 of 13

What is the Model Number of your Yoga Book. It's on the label on the underside of the tablet. Mine is YB1-X91F and it has no slot for a SIM card on the tray either, just as yours doesn't. That's because the X91F does not have telecommunication (LTE) capability ; it can't be used like a phone. It's the X91L model that has the LTE capability and has the SIM card slot . It talks about this at the bottom of page 2 of the small orange quick-start book that comes with the tablet. Refer also to page 2 of the Yoga Book User Guide.

Chidex
Paper Tape
Views: 2,081
Message 5 of 13

I'm also not able to attach sim card to the tray for my YB. the tray does not have clips to hold the sim like what it does for SD. Is there where i can buy the better tray that can hold both SD and Sim securely?

Chidex
Paper Tape
Views: 2,077
Message 6 of 13

my model number is CE 0560

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 2,059
Message 7 of 13

@Chidex wrote:

my model number is CE 0560

That is not a model number for a Lenovo Yoga Book device..

Chidex
Paper Tape
Views: 2,044
Message 8 of 13

Point is that I"m yet to locate the model number of my Yoga book .How do I see it?

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 2,024
Message 9 of 13

The model number is in very small print above the CE number you gave (It's probably on a label on the box somewhere anyway). But you almost certainly have a X91F which doesn't have LTE, and a different tray for the slot isn't going to make any difference. (The only way you could get one is taking it from an LTE model, unless less you can persuade Lenovo to send you one.) Sorry but that's how it is. You may be able to use an external LTE device I suppose, but I don't have experience of that so I couldn't say for sure.

The LTE models were only available in certain regions I believe. I haven't seen them, or the 128gb models on sale where I am.

Chidex
Paper Tape
Views: 2,007
Message 10 of 13

Thank you so much for the detailed analysis. The model number is YB1-X91F.

I actually went for a sim enabled YB, but apparantly, i got landed with one that only has SD slot. From your explanation are you saying it is still possible to convert it to sim enable, how ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors