Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterboranov93
What's DOS?
Views: 2,779
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga Book Windows 10 Stop Code: 0xc000021a

Hello,

I tried to reset my Windows 10 on my Yoga Book. I did it by going on Windows settings>Update and Security>Recovery>Reset this pc>Remove Everything. When it was done the windows would not start and it says Stop Code: 0x000021a. Everytime my Yoga book tries to load windows this stop code appears and the tablet is restarting. I have no idea what should i do. Please help me.

Thank you

Peter

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 2,756
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga Book Windows 10 Stop Code: 0xc000021a

Everything you need to know about this error can be found here:

https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc000021a/

Let us know if that helps Smiley Happy

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 2,763
Message 3 of 5

Since you were not going to try and save data I think you might as well try either:

Boot into recovery using - hold volume up and power buttons until Yoga Book starts then choose System Recovery or Novo Boot. You'll need to navigate using the touch screen - the keyboard won't be functioning at this point. This should enable you to do what is, in effect, a factory reset.

If you were going to upgrade to Fall Creators Update you might as well use Media Creation Tool on another pc to create a usb disk with windows installation media on it and boot from it using the USB drive connected to the Yoga Book with an OTG adaptor (That's a short lead with a male Micro usb connector on one end and a female ordinary usb connector on the other. They should be available fairly cheaply and can be useful later on.) Then do a fresh installation rather than try to do an upgrade. You may need to get drivers from the Lenovo support site ready to install afterwards.

It really is worth having system backups ready before doing resets or major upgrades. I would suggest at least doing one once any system is up and running ok after any install or major upgrade and one before doing any major update or upgrade. I don't always practice what I preach but sometimes I wish I did.

peterboranov93
What's DOS?
Views: 2,741
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the suggestion. It fixed the problem.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 2,723
Message 5 of 5

Happy to have helped.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors