Did you mean: 
Highlighted
THEMAXIMUMPOWER
Serial Port
Views: 2,712
Message 1 of 21

Lenovo Yoga Book needs to change Windows

Hi

I own a Yoga Book Windows version and i´m really getting nervous about how Lenovo treat this unique Device like a normal Device, i Tried lot of roms (PhoenixOS, BlissOS, Ubuntu, ....) all of them booted successfully but without Sound, bluetooth, halo keyboard, auto rotating(Sensors), sometimes Wifi, ...etc...

As a Dev i dont have the right tools to fix this Bugs (i need the modules or linux drivers for this device) , i really want to talk to a real Lenovo Developer to explain this things to him, i dont want a Technical support who says: thank you for choosing Lenovo,......

So this is an open Message to LENOVO, you need to make at least one of this happend:

1) A BIOS for YB windows that support booting into Fastboot mode, so we can install Android and deleting windows (because yb is overheating under windows 10) or Dual Boot option. (The UEFI BIOS on yoga book based on Insyde so Lenovo can only push InsydeQ2S to the next BIOS update, so we can easily dual booting on yb).

2) Linux Kernel sources, so the other Developers can push the Modules in their Distrubutions, so we can boot other Systems without any Problems.

Thank You

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,679
Message 2 of 21

Re: Lenovo Yoga Book needs to change Windows

No offense intended, but I am not sure why you think that Lenovo would want to take on the support of so many OS's, or intends the YB to be some sort of developer playground... what would be in it for them other than loads more support headaches?  

THEMAXIMUMPOWER
Serial Port
Views: 2,663
Message 3 of 21

Most of ThinkPads series have a (normal hardwares) but YOGA BOOK has a specific hardware so Linux or android on yb win version is simply a katastroph, there is no sound,.... the bugs are above, so they really need to give us one of the above solution, i really do find windows cant run well on device with cherry trails cpu, thats why i thing Lenovo must find a solution to install android for windows users

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 2,650
Message 4 of 21

I agree with you about everything you said. It appears that Lenovo totally forgot about this unique device. And yes, the Yoga Book does overheat and slow down especially at summer.. ☹ 

They did not post any new drivers since a while, Lenovo Paper problem still not fixed, most of our questions are kept without any official answer, and the list goes on..

THEMAXIMUMPOWER
Serial Port
Views: 2,646
Message 5 of 21

Yeah, we cant just stand, we really need to make a different

THEMAXIMUMPOWER
Serial Port
Views: 2,568
Message 6 of 21

Hopefully Lenovo will do the right way and HELP US Changing from Windows to android

THEMAXIMUMPOWER
Serial Port
Views: 2,435
Message 7 of 21

up

Mod's Comment: Please be advised that bumping your post is only allowed after 3 days. Any bumps sooner will be removed as they unfairly move new postings farther down the list.

nSuea
What's DOS?
Views: 2,250
Message 8 of 21

I really second this topic. Lenovo needs to help us Windows version users to be able to swtich to Android somehow, either it is wipe clean and re-install Android or dual boot solution is perfectly fine. I found many flaws with Windows version and I wished I had bought Android version instead but unfortunately Android was not available in where I live.

I am so hoping that I can use YB on Android as it will bring it's potential to the best it can offer. Windows OS just simply took too much resouce.

THEMAXIMUMPOWER
Serial Port
Views: 2,186
Message 9 of 21

Yeah, Android (for me and some users) is more useful than other OSs, this Post MUST reach the Lenovo Devs to find for us a way that we can boot Android on our device,
fneves
Paper Tape
Views: 2,009
Message 10 of 21

They don't care Smiley Wink

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors