Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 2,220
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga book overheating when charging

My Lenovo Yoga Book Windows version is overheating when it’s charging and turned on, which results in performance drops, making the device slow and unresponsive. This problem always happens when charging with the supplied official charger and cable. After few minutes, the device becomes hot to the touch and the performance drops heavily making the device unusable. (4 seconds for the start menu to open)

This problem occurs even if I’m not doing anything on the device or watching 1 YouTube or browsing internet.
Room temperature is around 33 Celsius since it’s summer in my country.
There’s no dust in the micro usb port.
Doesn’t matter which way I use my device (laptop, tablet, tent, stand), it will overheat anyways.

Note: I tried using my phone charger, it charges slower but after some time, it will overheat.
Note: When my Yoga Book is turned off or in sleep mode, it charges quickly until 100%.
Note: On battery mode (not charging), the device works like a charm. Battery life is normal.

Please let me know if what I am experiencing is something normal or what?
Thank you in advance 😊

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 2,138
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga book overheating when charging

*Bump*
Lenovo help please
HieuNguyen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,129
Message 3 of 9

me too Smiley Sad need support Smiley Sad

HieuNguyen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,129
Message 4 of 9

me too Smiley Sad need support plzz

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 1,487
Message 5 of 9

Still having this problem up to this day.. Anyone else?

Puasho
Paper Tape
Views: 920
Message 6 of 9

mine overheats when on bed....blanket, mattress...both prevent heat to disperse from the keyboard case..as soon i lift it after a while get cooler ...and swifter

Highlighted
TinLethax
Punch Card
Views: 480
Message 7 of 9

I also facing same problem with all of you too. The cpu clock drops to about 400-ish MHz and cpu cores temp bump up to about 61-70 °C (at room temperature ~35 °C). I need to unplug and wait untill it cooldown to about 45-50 °C to comeback normally. I also connect the cable back to continue charging and no performance drop again (event with the cpu cores heat up as 60 °C ). Another way to solve it quicker, By fold it into tablet mode (make heat transfer to the another metal side).

TinLethax is now on lenovo's forum !
FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 420
Message 8 of 9

@TinLethax
Another way to solve it quicker, By fold it into tablet mode (make heat transfer to the another metal side).

Tablet mode doesn't really help in most cases. This problem is really annoying. ☹

TinLethax
Punch Card
Views: 413
Message 9 of 9

Couple weeks ago I broke my keyboard and plan to get the replacement and replace it so I can remove the old keyboard to access the mb and take the little board out to apply the new thermal paste but unfortunately they don't sell the replacement part so I won't remove the keyboard for now. I think this is the most effective way to help the overheating problem. Or if you have knowledge about electronics, you can build the peltier coolder embedded into the dock (you put the laptop on there while charging & using as same time) to cool down about 10 to 20 °C 

TinLethax is now on lenovo's forum !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals