Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 11 of 20

Re: Lenovo yoga book - constant pen pressure

2017-11-21, 6:23 AM

wrote:

Just to be sure - check that the system is actually using the updated driver (have a look in Device Manager). When updating it you need to ensure the old driver is deleted and reboot to make the system use the new one.

Why this particular driver is like this I don't know - but it is - it's been discussed before.

If that doesn't work or isn't the problem, I'm at a loss - I can only tell what's worked for me.

I have never updated my Halo Keyboard drivers and still got this problem a while ago. I can confirm it has nothing to do with drivers. 

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9890
  • Message 12 of 20

2017-11-21, 9:44 AM

I tried thinking through things that might cause the problem - most of my thoughts were fanciful and seemed unlikely but......

Does reducing sensitivity using the Wacom settings panel help? (I prefer lowering the sensitivity myself and I've not had the issue for quite a while.)

Could it be an issue with a particular pen refill or nib being used. (I think I saw this problem whilst I was mucking about with different refills, but maybe not just then, I can't recall.)

Have you tried it with different apps? (Sorry - I imagine you have, but it has to be asked.)

What about temperature? - does it happen in warm (and perhaps dry/damp) environments but not when it's cooler. (or vica versa)

Is there some software (or process) that's being run before the pen is used that could be affecting how the Yoga Book responds to the pen? (eg: do you always run some particular odd bit of software before you get round to using the pen?)

I know it sounds strange but some people have reported issues with touch/pen on Surface tablets that has been due to electrical interference from nearby appliances - (as I recall some flourescent light fittings), so does it happen in certain locations only?

I've really no idea whether any of these might be it - but they might be worth considering. I put them roughly in order that I think more viable.

Options

10 Posts

11-19-2017

United States of America

17 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 13 of 20

2017-11-21, 10:29 AM

-As u can see driver is 2.0.0.7 so driver should be working.

-I tried nib and pen refill both same problem.

-Yes i tried different apps.

-I am not sure about tempature but i tried it at school and home still same problem.

Can i ask u which exactly waccom app u have? Maybe i tried bad one because when i installed that driver my mouse went into left top corner and i couldbt even move it (when i tried using pen)

Thanks all of u for trying to help ;) Starting to think that i should even try to buy new pen..

Answer
Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Message 14 of 20

2017-11-21, 12:40 PM

Sounds like the Wacom app you installed it not what you need. I'd suggest uninstalling that. It could well be something intended for a different type of pen.

You need the Wacom Feel Driver - I've always found it by googling just that. (I was only aware of it because of a logo on the box.) For the Yoga Book it doesn't do much except allowing you to adjust sensitivity - but there may be stuff under the hood that I don't know about.

Regarding the other things I was just thinking of possibilities. I had found myself thinking I'd updated the Halo driver when in fact the old one was being used - others have done the same I think, so it seemed worth mentioning.

You might be able to find someone who has a Samsung S pen (used for some of their phones and tablets) and borrow that to see if it works OK. (You may also be able to buy one cheaply from mobile phone dealers.) There has been an amount of discussion here about alternative pens - I'd suggest reading them before paying for anything.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

10 Posts

11-19-2017

United States of America

17 Signins

106 Page Views

• Message 15 of 20

2017-11-21, 13:14 PM

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/ this one i installed and it doesnt allow me to move cursor. Well i can just buy pen and then i have time to give it back for no reason if needed ;) It would at least tell me if is problem in notebook or pen.

Options

10 Posts

11-19-2017

United States of America

17 Signins

106 Page Views

• Message 16 of 20

2017-11-21, 14:51 PM

I just tried my friends pen in school (samsung S) and works fine... Problem is in pen ;) At least i will exchange this pen for more comfortable one.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 17 of 20

2017-11-21, 18:27 PM

wrote:

I just tried my friends pen in school (samsung S) and works fine... Problem is in pen ;) At least i will exchange this pen for more comfortable one.

Happy to know that the problem is in the pen and not in your Yoga Book. In this case, you need to change your pen. Lenovo sells it for 40$ but I advise you to buy a different pen with a button. That would make more sense when you're note taking.

Let us know what you decide on to purchase. ?

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Message 18 of 20

2017-11-21, 22:46 PM

AntiSwot, the version of the Wacom Driver I have been using is ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-8, the one you found is newer - ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-47.

I tried installing it on my Yoga Book and got similar results as you did so I had to roll back . I'm not sure how you might find the older versions now. Can't actually post files here.

Options

10 Posts

11-19-2017

United States of America

17 Signins

106 Page Views

• Message 19 of 20

2017-11-22, 0:04 AM

I will definetly try it thanks... I am just happy it is all about pen not in yoga book (still lost 40$ but whatever) ;). Thank u all so much for helping me with this problem. Rly fast response and everything thanks

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Message 20 of 20

2017-11-22, 14:18 PM

AntiSwot, you're probably fed up with this but like a dog with a bone I couldn't let it go - I did some more experimenting. I tried different versions of the driver and different pen refills. When changing refills I sometimes got the issue you originally asked about again.

ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-8 is the only Wacom Feel Driver I would suggest using - anything else doesn't seem to work as well and causes odd things to happen generally. If it's not a fault with the pen itself this should give you the best chance. I think it can be found on the web but possibly not from the Wacom website. (I couldn't find it there. I guess they may have discontinued any AMR products they made.) Each different version of the driver has a list of products it relates to and the later ones are not for AMR pens as far as I can tell.

Failing that I would consider trying uninstalling the Wacom driver (if you still have one installed) and reboot. The Wacom app will remain - not sure whether it works with no driver I forgot to test properly, but the pen did work and it seemed OK.

I know this isn't a final solution but I hope it will give you a better chance of getting the use from the yoga book you want.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms