Did you mean: 
Highlighted
UFJ
What's DOS?
Views: 259
Message 1 of 1

Loosing wifi connection and sound delay

Hi,

I have just bought a ThinkPad X1 Yoga 3rd (20LD002MMD), W10 Pro 64 bit, and I have two strange problems. Its a demo model which was reinstalled from the seller.

1. When I wake the PC after hibernation, it doesn't reconnect to the wifi. Sometimes it doesn't loose the connection, but a yellow triangel tells me, that there is no internet connection. I have to disconnect from the wifi and then reconnect. There is no performance issues.  My other laptops don't have that problem. The wifi works fine, and I sit 5 meters from the AP.

2. And - when I start a video the sound starts 3-5 seconds after the video starts. Then I have to rewind and start from the beginning.

The seller can't help me, and he adviced me to make a complete reinstall. Then I reinstalled the X1 from scratch: A fresh W10 Pro 64 bit was downloaded from Microsoft to a USB stick with Microsoft's mediacreating tool. When I installed, I deleted all partitions on the harddrive and installed W10 Pro 64. Which went well. I didn't notice problems with either the wifi or the sound when testing.

Then I installed Lenovo Vantage and shortly after the two problems occurred again. Uninstalling Lenovo Vantage didn't help.

Any suggestions to eliminate these two annoying problems?

Regards UFJ

PS: The PC is fully updated from Microsoft and Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors