07-15-2020

AU

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 6

Lost sound from speakers after windows update

2020-07-15, 3:34 AM

After  last windows update - no sound from speakers. Trouble shooter responds "Audio services not responding".  Have restarted "Windows Audio" & "Windows audio endpoint builder" services (which indicated they were running anyway). Have reinstalled Realtek audio drivers.  Can hear sound though Bluetooth headphone when connected - but can not get sound from speakers.

Yoga C740 - Windows 10 home

Any suggestion would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Options

1 Posts

07-17-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Lost sound from speakers after windows update

2020-07-17, 9:57 AM

Got the same problem! Anyone found a solution?

Options

2 Posts

07-15-2020

AU

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-07-17, 11:57 AM

While further searching I found this - 

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/audio-services-not-responding.

Option 5 worked for me in getting the onboard speakers to work again.  However, I then lost the onboard microphone - so, I'm still trying to tweak this.  Plugged in headphone now work though.

Options

2 Posts

07-24-2020

US

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-07-24, 19:35 PM
Similar issue in Lenovo p52. Tried all the steps,nothing worked. When I took service center, I have been told they replaced speaker not sure whether they replaced or not, but the speaker worked for 3-4 days.Again after that same issue.
Options

1 Posts

09-28-2020

CA

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-09-28, 4:11 AM

I have the same issue. 

C940 15

Win10home

Although I am not absolutely certain it was windows update that caused it to stop for me, I do believe this to be a software issue and not hardware.

Lenovo premium care assisted with reinstalling NVidia, Dolby, Realtek, and Intel software and Drivers without any success.

Also uninstalled previous windows updates. At this point the recommendation is to reset my PC, however this seems overboard and does not get us closer to discovering the issue. 

I will continue to search the haystack for the needle before burning the haystack.   

Options

12 Posts

08-08-2020

DE

12 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-09-28, 8:11 AM

I face the same issue with my T14 AMD. The Windows update caused that the third party audio drivers  will not work any more. In my case the solution was:

Open device manager, go to Audio Controllers. If there is any Realtek driver, de-install it. Go to "install driver from my computer - install driver from a list."

Do not activate the checkbox "show compatible hardware". Then choose "High definition audio device", NOT the Realtek one. From the list, choose the latest Microsoft Driver and install it. Picture is attached to this post.

In my -and other- cases, this worked. Sound is quieter with some "popping" noises sometimes, but there is sound at all.

If it works for you, take care that you do not update the audio drivers via Lenovo Vantage yet, it will only re-install the broken realtek drivers again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete