Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

08-11-2015

United States of America

21 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 11 of 14

Re: May 2019 update on the Yoga Book

2019-06-02, 14:41 PM

I have an L380 Yoga and cannot get the May 2019 update to successfully complete.  When I allow Windows Update to perform the upgrade, it completes the installation of the update, boots to the blue screen for implementation, gets to 58% (forever) and then finally reboots and restores Win10 without applying the udpate.  It then repeatedly goes through this same scenario over and over until I finally stop Windows update for as long as possible.

I downloaded a full Windows 10 (with May 2019 update), put the .iso on a USB drive, ran setup.exe.  It ran for a while, stopped and said it couldn't be installed from a USB drive because the drive id might change during installation.

So I copied the setup contents to a separate folder on my c: (lots of space on 500GB drive) and ran setup  as an update again.  The installation started, went to a blue screen during installation, got to 88% (for a long time) and then restored Win10 back to the pre-May 2019 update and quit.

Anyone have any ideas?  The Windows forums are full of conflicting information and lots of suggestions (none of which work on my L380).  Some of them say not to use any USB device and I have removed any I have (including external mouse/keyboard) to no avail on any of the 3 installation type attempts.  There are discussions on the forums about waiting for drivers to be updated (no specific description of which one).

Lenovo, we could use some direction here, please and thank you!

Options

302 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1886 Signins

9815 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9815
  • Message 12 of 14

2019-06-02, 17:39 PM

llahman - you've posted in the Yoga Book section - which is about a specific device.

I would suggest you repost in the proper section for your device (Thinkpad Series L,R and SL, I guess).

I couldn't see any obvious reason why your device shouldn't update OK, but someone who actually has one may have already discovered what the issue may be.

There's little chance of someone with knowledge of your device seeing your post here and your question may already have been addressed in the correct section.

(By the way this is a Community forum - you're not actually talking to Lenovo here, although some Lenovo employees do read and post on the forum.)

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 13 of 14

2019-06-10, 10:27 AM

I updated my Yoga Book to Windows 10 Version 1903 few hours ago. The update didn't show up in Windows Update by itself, so I used Windows Upgrade Assistant

As expected, installation time took a bit over 1 hour. Everything went smooth. I haven't experienced any problem so far and everything seems to be alright, and yes, opening the Start Menu is significantly faster in this update.

I'll be keeping Windows.Old folder just in case of any problems, and will surely post here if I find any. Overall, I'm satisfied with this update.

Options

302 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1886 Signins

9815 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9815
  • Message 14 of 14

2019-06-10, 14:33 PM

If you're using Windows Defender (or whatever it should be called now) keep an eye on it. It's not just a Yoga Book issue, but I've noticed Threat Detection seems to get switched off at some stage - perhaps that was with a cumulative update afterwards, I'm not sure. Worth checking your taskbar icon now and again. If it does happen, once it's been switched on again it's fine.

I've also had the taskbar and start menu background colour change from the one I chosen to a light colour. Seems to be something that happened when devices using the same account checks in with One Drive. This may be something weird about how I've set up my own devices, I don't know. The fix was to go into the Themes settings,  and adjust colours. Once done it's all OK.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms