Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-31-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 7

Multiple problems with Lenovo Yoga Book

2018-03-31, 16:30 PM

Okay....I got a Lenovo for christmas and I was so excited, but I’ve had it for about four months now and it’s just...I’ve had so many problems. From the screen deciding to flip sideways claiming that it was the “regular” view angle to the device literally telling me I do not have authorization to change settings on MY OWN TABLET, I’ve had some ride with my first ever lenovo product. 

Today, I ran into two problems. For one, I had charged it for hours the other day while turned off and now today it said 6%. How even. To top that off, I plugged it in to charge and it said “plugged in, discharging”. 

Secondly, I opened the device laptop-style and realized the halo keyboard was malfunctioning. It simply would not appear, I even shut down the device and turned it back on. No luck. 

I am now in the process of resetting the device in hopes that will resolve the issues, yet again.

If someone could give advice on how to go about the two problems listed above, I’d really appreciate it. I’m not a super techy person though, so please keep that in mind. I might not understand the terminology.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Multiple problems with Lenovo Yoga Book

2018-03-31, 23:34 PM
The issue about "authorization to change settings" is, perhaps, a general Windows one when Windows Pro is set-up with an existing account from a Windows Home machine. There is a registry fix for this around on the internet. The Keyboard problem may well be sorted by re-installing keyboard drivers.
Others may have more to say if they've seen the other issues but I think they been discussed here previously.
Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 3 of 7

2018-04-01, 10:33 AM

I had charged it for hours the other day while turned off and now today it said 6%. How even. To top that off, I plugged it in to charge and it said “plugged in, discharging”. 

This seems to be a battery and/or charger problem in your Yoga Book. I don't think it is related to any software malfunctions. Try charging your device with a phone charger and see if it works.

For the other problems, I believe that the resetting process should solve them. 

Please let us know the outcome ?

Faris

Options

3 Posts

03-31-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 4 of 7

2018-05-02, 9:39 AM
My problems with this device have not been resolved. Now, the device is stuck on a automatic repair loop and shuts itself off simply to bring me to the same page. Honestly not even trying to be disrespectful, but I HATE this device. It’s literally the worst one I’ve ever had, and I’ve had it for just barely half a year. There was a problem with it EVERY. WEEK. I’m not even gonna try to fix it and sell it, it’s going in the trash. Total waste of $350, would not recommend.
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 5 of 7

2018-05-02, 11:05 AM

If you bought it for $350 sounds like it might have been secondhand/returned/ or faulty stock - not sure about USA prices but that seems very cheap to me.

Options

9375 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78105 Signins

2244630 Page Views

• Views: 2244630
  • Message 6 of 7

2018-09-24, 21:30 PM

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

1 Posts

08-29-2019

Philippines

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 7 of 7

2019-08-29, 10:19 AM

So I didn't use my yoga book for one day and when I was about to use it today, it didn't open and it won't. I tried charging it and the light that appears when you charge it, didn't happen and I tried turning it on again and again. I also tried charging it with my anroid charger and I waited, nothing happened. What do I have to do now?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms