Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-21-2018

Italy

15 Signins

166 Page Views

• Views: 166
  • Message 1 of 5

Problem, problems and guess what? ...... More problems!

2018-07-08, 15:52 PM

So lss:

- Lenovo Paper asking for permissions on every start up .... i searched on the forum about some solution but it's depressing to see that the only way to avoid it it's either disinstall or changing the shutdown method.

- Screen brigthness changing by itself ..... I've changed every possible setting, disabled adaptive brigthness, followed any related guide that can be found here .... but still nothing, my screen randomly lower it's brigthness even 2-3 times in a min.

An now the last joke:

- After the last windows update the pc totally freeze in the wellcome screen. It launch fine but when it comes to the moment of digiting the pass the YogaBook stuck and continue to vibrate. After that either a blue screen pop up after 10-15 sec or i have to force the shutdown by pressing the power button. Turning it on again, after the first time it stuck, don't provvide the same problem and i can get into windows but as soon i turn it off on the next launch it freeze again.

Any way to fix brigth and lunching issue or i have to trow this piece of junk in the garbage bin?

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem, problems and guess what? ...... More problems!

2018-07-10, 8:22 AM

Lenovo Paper - I've found disabling the task that runs it in the Task Scheduler has been the simplest way of dealing with it.

Adaptive Brightness - can't recall it being brought up here as a problem on the Yoga Book - I have seen it another device. Have you tried both Display settings and looking in the advanced power options settings to disable it there as well.

The launching problems could have been created by an interupted update or something getting corrupted when boot up or shutdown is interupted (- easy to do if one gets impatient with it like me) but there are other possible ways it could occur. I've run all updates on two Yogabooks and had no great problems on either so I don't think it's likely to be a device specific issue. Possibly creating a usb drive repair or install disk  on another machine and running a startup repair might be worth trying.

Options

7 Posts

01-21-2018

Italy

15 Signins

166 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2018-07-10, 8:51 AM

Lenovo Paper - Did that ... but, again, it's just a way to avoid the problem not a real solution

Brightness - Yeah, i've double checked in the display settings, power option and even disabled any optimization in the Intel graphic properties.

Launch - No interrupted update here. I already once did the mistake of stutting down the YB cause after 2,5 day was still updating and the result was a softlock that forced me to sent it to the repair center. I was just going to use the USB repair drive i made after that accident but wanted to ask for other solutions since i will be eventually quite bored of reinstalling all the software and set again all the mail, pass, etc...

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 4 of 5

2018-07-10, 17:43 PM

All it takes for Lenovo to fix their Lenovo Paper App (which is basically a shortcut to run Microsoft OneNote and do certain commands) is to post an updated version of the application. Latest version 1.0.0.22 was posted on 28 July 2017

About the screen brightness changing by itself, I'm having the same issue and it's not really bothering me. Have you tried disabling Power Saving Technology from the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel? I think it has something to do with screen brightness.

Also what is the display driver version that is currently installed on your Yoga Book?

Options

7 Posts

01-21-2018

Italy

15 Signins

166 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2018-07-10, 18:13 PM
- That's prob the saddest part ... it's lame to see that they, after such a long time, can't update their own programs.

- I was ok with it too till i used it just to read the mails and do some fast tasks. But now i'm forced to spend hours in from of it with that **bleep** brightness changing continuosly and it's proving to be quite annoying.

- Yeah, Like i said i turned off any Intel's optimizations

- Driver version is: 10.0.17134.1
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms