Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkanjuh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,330
Message 31 of 53

Re: Problem with Halo keyboard driver 2.0.0.7

With old driver work fine. So no HW problem.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 2,315
Message 32 of 53

Since I don't use haptic feedback I haven't done much exploration of this issue. Sound and vibration both work properly for me with FCU (Windows 10 pro, by the way). I can't explain why or how, but this is what I have done and noticed, if it helps.

I had the most recent drivers installed before upgrading and things were working just fine. I upgraded using a USB drive and choosing to keep data. As far as I was concerned my settings were remembered - ie: both sound and vibration switched off - so I was happy.

Today out of curiosity I checked. First -  changing these settings through the control panel didn't work, but did using the Halo Keyboard app. It did seem to me that the default vibrate setting was rather weak, with background noise going on, at first I thought it wasn't working. So maybe for some it is working but just too weak to notice at default setting?

Second, I checked which drivers were being used. I was actually surprised that in the device properties panel the drivers for them were shown as provider:Microsoft, version:10.0.16299.15. This seems odd to me - but since things are working I ain't complaining.

Don't ask me for explanations or how to get your Book to the same position - I don't know!

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 2,305
Message 33 of 53

Lenovo no longer answers or responds to forum threads or what?! 

Highlighted
bjepson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,169
Message 34 of 53

From what I can see, the vibrator driver does not install its helper service. There is a set of instructions I found that worked for me. You have to copy the dll and exe to %WinDir%\System32, and the .param files to %WinDir%\System32\touchsensed, then configure touchsensed.exe as a service:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70173604&postcount=6

I followed these instructions and rebooted, and haptic feedback started working for me.

kkanjuh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,145
Message 35 of 53

Finally work. Thank you.

Regards

ttalonso
Paper Tape
Views: 2,116
Message 36 of 53

Oh finally works perfect! Thanks

Axel21
Paper Tape
Views: 1,995
Message 37 of 53

Hello, I really hope someone could help me out. 

I have followed the instructions from multiple replies. I've reinstalled the drivers for the Halo keyboard multiple times in the proper order.

I have tried to update the Goodix HID driver but says I have the latest version.  However when I click on driver details it shows two (GoodixTouchDriver.sys and mshidkmdf.sys) but I'm not sure how to select the correct one if that is the issue?

I have also updated the vibrator driver and I have followed the instructions from the post that bjepson mentioned. 

Still no sound or vibration on the halo keyboard.

Any suggestions anyone?

KISSPrinciple
Paper Tape
Views: 1,940
Message 38 of 53

Halo & Vibration SOLVED, for me:  MAJOR KUDOS to bjepson, r0ckman, jackfrost7.

Background: New YB, updated to latest W10Pro 1709 keeping nothing, then trying to add drivers from Lenovo site. What I had to do different combining their tips in addition/change to official instructions at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-book/downloads/DS119816)

1) Very first step was to disable WiFi so W10 does not immediately add original Goodix driver back upon reboot.

2) Removed the 3 msi using "Programs..." in Control Panel. Also removed Halo from Control Panel (deleted reg key) but think that was counterproductive and should have exported the key first to I could put it back.

3) Did NOT uninstall Goodix Touch HID (step 1) nor run KeyboardDriver msi (step 2). Instead extracted msi per r0ckman's advice (to work around getting the INF file error). Then in Device Manager chose to update the Goodix driver, navigating to extracted inf.

4) Ran the 3 msis, ignoring kb driver INF error.

5) Followed instructions that bjepson points to re vibrator driver.

(I don't see Halo item in Control Panel, probably because I deleted related reg key, but do see it on desktop and know I can get to it by navigating to Program Files, Lenovo etc. and also following MSDN instructions on adding item to CPL.)

Axel21
Paper Tape
Views: 1,904
Message 39 of 53

Thank you!

This worked perfectly for me! 

Papatango
Paper Tape
Views: 1,593
Message 40 of 53

The Keyboard vibration cannot be enabled in Halo Control Panel ver 2.0.7. The driver KeyboardDriver 2.0.7 installation gives error:
The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation. Operation not allowed in WOW64
YOGA Book (YB1-X91F, YB1-X91L, YB1-X90F, YB1-X90L)
Machine Type Model
ZA150050US
Only solution is a complete system restore from bios by pressing sound up and start keys and wiping windows drive. Then install only the 2016 updated goodix and halo and vibration and multi mode drivers from the support download page. The 2017 drivers are incompatible with Win 10 built 1709 and Lenovo doesnt care. By disabling essential features of the Yoga Book they probably hope to get yountonbuy a new machine.

Top Kudoed Authors