Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Papatango
Paper Tape
Views: 1,362
Message 41 of 53

Re: Problem with Halo keyboard driver 2.0.0.7

The Keyboard vibration cannot be enabled in Halo Control Panel ver 2.0.7. The driver KeyboardDriver 2.0.7 installation gives error:
The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation. Operation not allowed in WOW64
Quickest solution is a complete system restore from bios by pressing sound up and start keys and wiping windows drive. Then install only the 2016 updated goodix and halo and vibration and multi mode drivers from the support download page. The 2017 drivers are incompatible with Win 10 built 1709 and Lenovo doesnt care, nor can they be bothered to write a functioning installation file for their new 2017 drivers. Definitely my last Lenovo product.

Papatango
Paper Tape
Message 42 of 53

They don t care. They hate us non-Chinese customers.

Papatango
Paper Tape
Message 43 of 53

Only the old 2016 drivers are working. Don't install the 2017 ver 2.0.7 drivers. They can't be rolled back and you will have to spend hours doing a complete system restore from bios setup. Lenovo really messing it up for users.

Papatango
Paper Tape
Message 44 of 53

Only solution is a complete system restore from bios by pressing sound up and start keys and wiping windows drive. Then install only the 2016 updated goodix and halo and vibration and multi mode drivers from the support download page. The 2017 drivers are incompatible with Win 10 built 1709 and Lenovo doesnt care.

wildpig1234
Punch Card
Views: 1,086
Message 45 of 53

excellent!.. this works.....

why cant Lenovo make a proper installer for this?
FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 1,077
Message 46 of 53

@wildpig1234 wrote:
why cant Lenovo make a proper installer for this?

Ask them and let us know if they ever respond 🙂

Midi_Amp
Paper Tape
Views: 901
Message 47 of 53

So I just bought the Yoga Book, 4 times now I have to do Windows refresh because of failure to update the halo keyboard, yeah, very bad impression. This is my second tablet from Lenovo that has issue, at least now it's software, not hardware like the last time.

Anyway, I've tried extracting the installer for keyboarddriver using MSIEXEC command but it didn't work. Seems like Kissprinciple method is the best and most thorough tutorial, but I'm missing that one step. Anyone can share the extracted files? I've tried using 7 Zip to extract the files, but all the files begins with exclamation mark, like !AdminExecuteSequence, !File, etc.

Too bad that this beautiful device is marred with lots of issues (I also have wake up from sleep issue and pressing brightness down also activates the flight mode), but this is a gift for my graduation... Not exactly a thing that I can return and replace.

ThomasTai
Blue Screen Again
Views: 734
Message 48 of 53

From r0ckman,

Thank you, the problem was that i could not install the drivers, it gave the error previously mentioned. Anyway, i got it to finally work.

extracted the contents of the downloaded MSI with: msiexec /a KeyboardDriver 2.0.0.7.msi /qb TARGETDIR=c:\HaloDriver

This created a folder with the .sys and .inf files and proceeded with what you said from device manager, etc,  all is good now.

My reply,

Thank you. It works. Btw, some needs to be keep in mind to make it success.
1. command is typed in cmd(admin)
2. "KeyboardDriver2.0.0.7.msi" needed to be put under your cmd root folder (eg: C:\WINDOWS\system32)
3. open "KeyboardDriver2.0.0.7.msi" in your cmd target folder(c:\HaloDriver) and install
4. restart your computer and the halo keyboard should work fine

Highlighted
ThomasTai
Blue Screen Again
Views: 732
Message 49 of 53

Thank you. It works. Btw, some needs to be keep in mind to make it success.
1. command is typed in cmd(admin)
2. "KeyboardDriver2.0.0.7.msi" needed to be put under your cmd root folder (eg: C:\WINDOWS\system32)
3. open "KeyboardDriver2.0.0.7.msi" in your cmd target folder(c:\HaloDriver) and install
4. restart your computer and the halo keyboard should work fine

larsv2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 657
Message 50 of 53

Extracting content of the .msi files and manuall updating the Goodix Touch drive brought the sound back for me.

Up to that point I had done a Windows reset (keep my files) and followed Lenovo's instructions for Halo keyboard drivers - with the WoW64 errors others have seen.

Top Kudoed Authors