Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkanjuh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,335
Message 1 of 53

Problem with Halo keyboard driver 2.0.0.7

Hi,

I install latest halo keyboard driver (2.0.0.7) on my Yoga book. I fallow steps in read me file. Configuration application not remember settings for vibration and touch tone. Currently I cannot turn on touch tone and vibration.

After this I make clean install of windows. Also not work.

I need help.

Regards

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 6,235
Message 2 of 53

Re: Problem with Halo keyboard driver 2.0.0.7

I guess you have already tried this - but just in case, this has worked for me in the past:

Go through the process of switching sound and vibration on (even though they are already on). Make sure you have clicked on and apply and then restart (I usually reboot in this sort of situation, but I guess a restart would probably be enough). Then go through the same process to switch them off.

On different situations I have found toggle switches like these don't work quite as you'd expect - and like I say, this is one I've had myself on the yoga book and it has worked, so even if not for you, it might help others with the same problem for different reasons.

kkanjuh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,229
Message 3 of 53

Hi,

Thank you for suggestion. I try everything but nothing help. I attach screenshoot of settings. Every time when I start application I see this settings. Only that work is brightnes adjustment.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 6,204
Message 4 of 53

As I recall my suggestion worked after an earlier driver update. It looks like you have a newer version than me.
I see there are newer drivers listed on the Lenovo website so I will try them at some stage soon and report if I get the same issue.
davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 6,195
Message 5 of 53

OK, so I installed the new drivers, like you as per instructions. My settings, (both sound and vibration off) were remembered although briefly during the process they were on.

I did try turning them on with the halo keyboard app that appeared but that didn't seem to work.

There is a different Halo settings panel in the control panel. I would suggest ensuring that is set how you want things as well and if you haven't done a reboot make sure you have done - the system may possibly need to read the settings during boot up to register the change.

Beyond that I can only suggest that there might be a registry fix for it. If you can find the right key there it's probably just a case of changing a value from 1 to 0, or vica versa. (if you do try this route you might try looking in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID)

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 6,194
Message 6 of 53

There is a driver for vibration on the Lenovo website under software and utilities - you will need that installed if it isn't already.

kkanjuh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,188
Message 7 of 53

Hi,

I found location in registry for configuration: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GoodixTouchDriver.

Configuration application not load all parameters when start, but if I make change in registry and after this make change in application, configuration is saved in registry. This is first problem - application not show current configuration.

Second problem that I have installed all drivers but still sound and vibration not work.

Nicolask
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,160
Message 8 of 53

Same here. Goodix driver keeps reinstalling itself even if the checkbox to delete it is checked from device manager.

Halo lost vibration and sound. Enabling sound and vibration in applet does nothing.

wizaard
Token Ring
Views: 6,057
Message 9 of 53

Had exactly the same issue. Surprisingly found out that Windows really didn't use the latest driver, instead were forcing an older version. What I did was going to Device Manager -> HID -> Goodix HID and updated the driver by manually picking one of already installed ones, one of which was the latest one, which WIndows for some reason did not apply. After restart everything worked like a charm, including the Halo Keyboard settings app.

Lenovo ThinkPad T440s (i5-4300U, 4GB, Intel HD 4400, 256GB SSD, WWAN)
Lenovo Blog CZ
Nicolask
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,053
Message 10 of 53

Hi thansk for the reply. i should have replied earlier as I had found a solution to this and also to my audio drivers update. It all works perfectly with the new drivers.

To prevent automatic reinstallation of the Goodix driver after restarting, I disconnected the Wi-Fi.

I have found a secondary Halo settings applet in the Halo Keyboard folder and it lets you set a typing sound when the key is released and vibration intensity !

Very nice feedback if you set vibration to the lower and sound to none.

It has more settings then the original one in Control Panel. It is located in C Program Files Lenovo\Yogabook\HaloKeyboard\Bin

For the audio drivers problem, you need to follow the unstallation steps carefully so that the old drivers are completely removed before you install the new ones (many restart cycles involved).

Also it seems my sleep mode issues are gone after correctly installing all driver updates.

Manual installation of drivers is quite a pain !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors