Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 1 of 4

Re: Yoga Book running 1709 battery life !!!

2017-10-20, 18:22 PM

My Lenovo Yoga Book which got recently updated to Fall Creators Update is having a horrible battery life.

I am getting around 5-6 hours of battery only when using the fully charged Yoga Book in light web browsing and document editing. 

When it was running on Anniversary Update 1607, battery was PERFECT

On Creators Update 1703, it was around 7-8 hours.

Now it's been around 30 minutes since I unpluged the charging cable and the battery is 83% and I'm doing nothing except browsing Facebook on Microsoft Edge with screen brightness set to 20% and on balanced power mode.

Help please it's urgent !!!!

Options

322 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1906 Signins

9940 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9940
  • Message 2 of 4

2017-10-21, 8:12 AM

Just a thought -  I wonder whether this might be just a case of the system just needing a bit of time to recalibrate itself?

(My battery is showing similar sort of times - but I'm not so dependant on long life so it hasn't actually bothered me so far.)

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-10-23, 14:50 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "the system just needing a bit of time to recalibrate itself", but now battery seems to be a little bit better. I don't know what to think about that. 

Also I see no difference between "better battery" and "best performance" options that can be found on the battery slider. Exactly the same performance and battery consumption. Strange right?

Options

322 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1906 Signins

9940 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9940
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-10-24, 11:42 AM

I don't think Windows automatically knows how much power is left in the battery - I believe it needs to run through a couple of cycles to get some idea - I guess the old data it had got lost with the update. I can't imagine that it is ever as accurate as we like to think it is, actually.

I haven't used my Book enough since updating to get a true impression, but it certainly seems to me that I can't yet trust what it tells me in terms of percentage and time left. (On another computer I did the upgrade on battery and it still showed 100%, and on the Book I noticed it went from 86% to 85% but lost an hour in time left for example.)

I think also it would be worth checking for things that FCU does that previous versions didn't. I'm thinking of things like One Drive syncing and the People app that may be doing stuff in the background that didn't happen before. If you don't normally use bluetooth did it get switched on?

It might be worth looking through more general Windows forums to see if the update has generated the problem for others and what fixes they might have. It seems unlikely that it would be a Yoga Book specific issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms