Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-26-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

75 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 4

Screen Issues

2017-11-26, 13:57 PM

Hi

I have a yoga book yb1-x91f, last night my laptop died and now I can't get it to come on, have charged it all night, tried different chargers, the circle by the charging port is flashing so laptop is on but nothing is coming up on the screen. I have tried holding in power button and also holding in volume button and power button togther, I can't get into the battery either, does anyone one what I could do please.

Thanks

Tanya

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Views: 9890
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen Issues

2017-11-26, 17:37 PM

The small light beside the charging port - I assume it's flashing only when the charger is connected.

That would indicate that it's charging (which is good). It doesn't indicate that the yoga book is on. That would be a steady light. The light goes off when the yoga book is fully charged. (Sorry if this sounds pompous but - it is worth reading users guides - different devices do indicator lights differently and it does get confusing.)

The Yoga Book may not be starting up because the battery is very low. Leave it on charge for at least 3 hours (Yoga Books are rather slow to charge.) Then try turning it on.

As an aside - I have had a tablet (not by lenovo) that doesn't like booting up when the British weather gets cold! I wouldn't expect it, but it could be a reason if it's been in a cold room or out in the fresh air - been nippy today.

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Views: 9890
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-11-26, 17:47 PM

Sorry, just re-read your post and you say you left it on charge all night. Apologies for missing that. Was it switched off or was it sleeping?

Was it on the Lenovo charger for a good length of the time?

USB chargers are not all the same. Phone chargers are usually lower power rated than the ones for larger devices and would charge much more slowly.

Try it on the Lenovo charger and leave it until the light goes off (just to be sure). Then try it.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-11-27, 9:58 AM

The light next to the micro usb port blinks in two cases. First is when the device is charging and second is when the device is booting up.

Since it's blinking, it is a good indication that your Lenovo charger/battery are fine. Maybe keep the device charging over night with the charger that came with the Yoga Book. 

Also, have you tried holding the power button for 15 seconds? That may bring life back to the device.

Let us know if you manage to power it on. ?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms