Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 11 of 14

Re:Screen Problem

2021-05-20, 18:05 PM

If you haven't already solved this I have come across something that might get round this - but it's far from ideal.

I have booted the Yoga Book successfully from a Ghost Spectre iso on a USB stick. It installs an extremely cut down version of Windows which works on the Yoga Book but omits a lot of the things people who have a Yoga Book would need, and creates a bunch of new issues, so I wouldn't recommend installing it. (It's also hard to find good information about it.)

The iso initially boots to something like a Windows version of a Linux live disk. There is a file explorer available and an option to start an installation. It may be possible to start a full Windows installation from another disk from there, or possibly use the disk to boot from but replace the sources folder on the burnt disk with the one from a proper Windows installation disk. I haven't tried either of these things so I can't be certain they would work - I have read about people doing such things successfully in the past. It might also work to install Ghost Spectre and then run the setup exe from a proper Windows disk from MS media creation.

The initial boot up with the Ghost Spectre iso is in portrait and you would need an attached keyboard and/or mouse to navigate the install and complete the setting up until you can get the keyboard drivers installed and running.

People reading this might want to know -  Ghost Spectre will work on the Yoga Book - the only thing I haven't got going is haptic feedback (but I don't like that so I didn't try to get that working). It does seem to make the Yoga Book work at a more usable speed - but at a cost. I'm far from convinced that it's worth the problems. Windows security doesn't like it, and most people want at least some of the UWP apps. I used a wireless keyboard/trackpad with a usb connected to Yoga Book with a very old USB hub.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 12 of 14

2021-05-21, 13:25 PM

I've just done a little experimenting. The file swapping idea I had seems to work - it got me into setup with no problems - I'll try going through the full process later.

I would guess that if you can find any set of boot and efi files that will work with the Yoga Book and substitute them for the ones on the MS media you should be OK. You might even get away with files from a Linux disk if you edit the autorun files to ensure that setup.exe is run.

Options

6 Posts

05-10-2021

Indonesia

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 13 of 14

2021-05-21, 23:55 PM

thank you to everyone who tried to answer it, I have solved the problem. I got the ISO file from the forum, it does auto install

Options

3320 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

261 Signins

16770 Page Views

• Views: 16770
  • Message 14 of 14

2021-05-24, 21:00 PM

Glad to hear you solved the problem.
Thanks for sharing it here
Take care

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)