Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

01-01-2018

United States of America

23 Signins

179 Page Views

• Views: 179
  • Message 1 of 8

Strange Keyboard Behavior

2018-04-30, 11:05 AM

Not sure what caused this to happen but the keyboard and trackpad will sometimes not respond properly. For example, the trackpad will still move the mouse cursor (with a small dead zone between the center and two mouse buttons) but tapping the center of the pad or the left mouse button will not allow me to actually click on anything. The right button will still work however.

Sometimes the mouse cursor will randomly change positions on the screen. This happens most when trying to click and drag something. This can also result in the mouse cursor refusing to "let go" of whatever it's dragging too.

The S key will sometimes act as if it's being held down, the O key will randomly just not work, L will occasionaly register as K, and Airplane Mode will randomly activate and even rapidly turn on/off even though the key that was pressed is nowhere near it.

When in drawing mode, there seems to also be a few dead zones as well. Their locations seem to be random and can be small in some cases or sometimes the entire left half of the tablet will refuse to register the pen.

I've reinstalled the drivers a few times and did a factory reset but with no luck. This issue seems to be hardware related. So far the only fix I can find is to briefly put the entire unit to sleep and then turn it back on. But it still returns to this odd behavior after a few seconds or so.

I know Yoga Books are nototrious for being difficult to type with but I don't think it's supposed to be this tempermental. Any clue as to what could cause this? I've taken very good care of it, never dropped or spilled anything on it, and it's still fairly new so I'm not sure how it got damaged like this unless it's a defect or a very unfortunate glitch.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Strange Keyboard Behavior

2018-04-30, 14:24 PM

Have you by any chance installed a recent version of the Wacom Feel Driver? This can cause erratic behaviour like this. The fix is to uninstall and remove it - you can install an old version if you want. I have posted elsewhere here which version works.

Options

10 Posts

01-01-2018

United States of America

23 Signins

179 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2018-04-30, 22:36 PM

No I never installed a Wacom driver. Only thing I installed prior to this happening is Fire Alpaca and Firefox.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2018-04-30, 22:54 PM

I asked because it's the only time I've seen behaviour similar to your description. Perhaps someone else may help. I'd suggest searching through past threads - it may have cropped up before for someone.

Options

10 Posts

01-01-2018

United States of America

23 Signins

179 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2018-05-01, 1:37 AM
I just got done poking around Device Manager with hidden items shown. Nothing Wacom related. I'll look around the forums as you suggested and see what turns up.
Options

10 Posts

01-01-2018

United States of America

23 Signins

179 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2018-05-01, 1:49 AM

Update: I found this thread that links to a key tester. It took some luck getting the glitch to happen again but here's what came up when I hit the dead zone on the trackpad.

keydown  keyCode=32  ( )   which=32  ( )   charCode=0        
keypress keyCode=0         which=32  ( )   charCode=32  ( )  
keyup    keyCode=32  ( )   which=32  ( )   charCode=0        
keydown  keyCode=32  ( )   which=32  ( )   charCode=0        
         shiftKey=false ctrlKey=false altKey=false metaKey=false
keypress keyCode=0         which=32  ( )   charCode=32  ( )  
keyup    keyCode=32  ( )   which=32  ( )   charCode=0        

I hope some of this helps.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 7 of 8

2018-05-01, 7:33 AM

Do you have the same problem with the basic Halo Keyboard driver as well as Halo Keyboard 2.0.0.7 drivers? Have you tried pushing the power button for 30 seconds while the device is turned off?

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2018-05-01, 8:26 AM

I can't pretend I really know, but what the data you've given makes me wonder is if checking your language settings might be worth a go. I think you'd need to look at both the system settings and, perhaps more relevant the keyboard language settings. Assuming you're using US English get rid of anything that isn't that.

I'm not on a Yoga Book at the moment so I can't suggest the right paths to the settings for certain - it's made a bit more complicated by the fact that the Halo Keyboard is treated a little differently to a standard type keyboard.

Try Control Panel>Language

and search "keyboard" and pick "Edit Language and keyboard settings" which I think is the more likely source of the problem.

Click on any language that you don't need (if there is one) and use the remove option.

Char code (ie:character code) 32 is a space, 0=null.

A possibly crazy suggestion might be to download a program called YBTouchPadSetting - it runs as a standalone application - doesn't install. It's intended to adjust some settings that people (like me) find annoying. Set the touchpad area setting to something different and apply it, you can always run it again if that's not how you finally want things. (Needs a restart to implement changes.) Might just help, I don't know.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms