Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-01-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 6

Strange Pen Behavior (Classic Yoga Book YB1-X91F)

2021-07-01, 3:20 AM

Hello all,

I've got a Lenovo Yoga Book, which is the sleekest computer I've ever had. The issue is, ever since upgrading to Windows 10 (some indeterminate version,) there is a weird behavior with the drawing pen. Essentially I cannot draw. I can draw on some specific windows application, however, on Gimp 2.0 (latest version 2.10.24) the pen hesitates to draw small details, I would describe this as a "dead-zone". For people who are not used to the term, it's used for controllers where the center, unmoved position of a controller analog stick or wheel controller allows for you to move a little without registering movement. In effect I cannot draw curves and small details, the initial movement of my pen doesn't register, and after moving it a certain distance it suddenly "jumps" from the place I initially put my pen, to where it is, making a line.

I've read that this is because of windows settings (flick) or other windows settings (pen right click behavior in Windows Ink workspace) and also that there is simply a driver conflict, and the wacom drivers need to be updated. All of these have not worked to resolve the issue, and when installing the latest wacom drivers, the lenovo pen application doesn't detect a compatible system.

Please advise. I'd love to use this little awesome system, but it's useless for drawing, the task it was intended to be used for.

Options

3217 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

256 Signins

16275 Page Views

• Views: 16275
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Strange Pen Behavior (Classic Yoga Book YB1-X91F)

2021-07-05, 17:25 PM

Hello g-idea,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

What was the previous Windows version you had with the machine?
Try loading the BIOS default settings, be sure to save and exit.
Next step is to go to the support site and install the latest version of BIOS, drivers and firmware.
Update us how it goes.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 3 of 6

Strange Pen Behavior (Classic Yoga Book YB1-X91F)

2021-07-06, 12:18 PM
I would suspect that this is because Gimp is pretty heavy on the computer's resources. Gimp maybe not a heavy as Photoshop but even on a laptop with an i5 processor and 8gb of ram it doesn't even load up quickly. On a Yoga Book I would expect it to be painfully slow. I have seen this sort of thing on one or two other apps on the Yoga Book. I'm not an artist, but I believe there are one or two good art packages that work well with it. (Possibly Krita?)
Options

6 Posts

07-08-2018

Argentina

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-07-08, 3:37 AM

Perhaps, Gimp needs the wintab driver.

You can download it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49498

You need to download only the Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip file and install it.

Some windows apps dont use the new windows pen api, and need this old driver. For example i use the app Xournal to take notes or write on pdfs, and the wintab driver is needed for the app to work properly.

Options

2 Posts

07-01-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-07-08, 5:36 AM
Thanks so much! Pentab was the solution :)
Options

3217 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

256 Signins

16275 Page Views

• Views: 16275
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-07-09, 23:13 PM

Hi g-idea,

Glad to hear it's ok now.
Thank you for letting us know.
Take care.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms