Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-05-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 31 of 40

Re:Today i Received an BIOS update from Insyde H2OFFT ( Flash Firmware Tool ) Version 6.20

2020-10-05, 16:27 PM

Has anything happened since?

Options

1 Posts

10-08-2020

Romania

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 32 of 40

Re:Today i Received an BIOS update from Insyde H2OFFT ( Flash Firmware Tool ) Version 6.20

2020-10-08, 12:16 PM

Don't do it.

I did it and it ruined my operating system. Had to reinstall everything.

Options

2 Posts

11-06-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 33 of 40

2020-11-06, 18:19 PM

I have received this pop-up too.  It stopped itself from downloading, giving me an error message stating that I need to plug the power cord into my laptop in order to continue.  And YES, I did click on Lenovo Vantage on the taskbar (which comes installed that way), and I ended up here.  I might try it out.  I'll let ya'll know anything if I do.

Options

2 Posts

11-06-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 34 of 40

2020-11-06, 20:28 PM

I DID IT!!!

I plugged in my laptop like it said to.  It recommended that I save the "Bitlocker Recovery Key", I guess in-case the system asks for it upon restart.

My laptop is running Windows 10 Home, which does not have Bitlocker, instead it offers enabling of Device Encryption.  So I ignored that and just continued with the installation and it went great.

I found the following on  "https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-update-your-computers-bios":

"Some machines...make this process a bit simpler by presenting the update in the form of an EXE file. Instead of rebooting your machine, you can just double-click the update program, and it'll run through the reboot-and-update process for you. You still may want to enter the BIOS setup before running the update to make note of any settings you want to keep, though.

Once the process completes successfully and you've made any settings tweaks, you can continue using your computer as normal, with whatever improvements or fixes that BIOS update offered."

The EXE file mentioned above is the weird and outdated "Insyde H2OFFT  ( Flash Firmware Tool ) Version 6.20" that we were all asking about.  And the version I used was also v6.20.  So it's safe; just make sure you know how to properly Flash "YOUR OWN" systems BIOS.  Not all systems work the same.

I hope this helps!!!

Options

1 Posts

12-15-2020

Indonesia

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 35 of 40

2020-12-15, 7:15 AM

I have recently downloaded and updated the BIOS like the one in this thread. Ever since i have done it, I can no longer connect through my wifi and my firewall can't be activated. I got the update from lenovo pcsupport website???  What is wrong with this????  Can someone please help

Options

1 Posts

02-03-2021

Colombia

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 36 of 40

2021-02-03, 3:32 AM

Hi everyone, I also got this update from Lenovo Vantage and happened what you say, it seemed too strange to me so I decided to look for an see what I could find. After reading this thread I decided to take the risk and install it, and let me tell you that it finished well and nothing bad happened, by the way, it didn't take too much time, the most strange thing was a couple of screens showing the progress (I let you one of them), then some restarts and now I'm writing this for all of you, all of that took like 5 minutes (I have an SSD, I don't know if that affects). 

Thank you Lenovo Support Team for absolutely nothing and thank you all guys for your help.

Answer
Options

9411 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26674 Signins

574810 Page Views

• Views: 574810
  • Message 37 of 40

2021-02-15, 18:40 PM

@ SyamMaddi wrote:

Hi all,

I confirm that the Insyde H2OFFT tool to flash the BIOS shown on the screenshot from OPs post is the tool used by Lenovo to flash the BIOS on Lenovo, Idea, Yoga and Legion machines. Whether or not the package shown on the screenshot is genuine is another question. The only sources you should install the BIOS update from are the following:

- Lenovo Support Page

- Lenovo Vantage

- ThinkVantage System Update

- Microsoft Windows Update

If you download the package from another source, Lenovo can't guarantee that it hasn't been tweaked and could potentially be harmful. I would strongly recommend only installing the BIOS update from the sources listed above.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

02-26-2021

Canada

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 38 of 40

2021-02-26, 3:51 AM

How should I "uninstall" it? I can't seem to find the BIOS folder in my C drive.

Options

1 Posts

03-11-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 39 of 40

2021-03-11, 1:31 AM

Today out of nowhere I received a BIOS firmware Flash download and install through Insyde Software Corp. It was brought up by Lenovo. Of course, after it installed and restarted my computer I'm now wondering if it was safe and legit due to never having faced something like this. My model is a Lenovo 5 15ARH05 and the flash firmware tool says Insyde H20FFT Version  2.00.11.00 and it shows the current and new BIOS version as well. Should I be concerned?

Options

35 Posts

10-20-2008

United States of America

97 Signins

606 Page Views

• Views: 606
  • Message 40 of 40

2021-04-05, 3:47 AM

Lenovo, you are training people to think you are bad at what you do and to be worse at spotting malware.

None of us should install something that looks like a hacker w/ MS Paint. I certainly won't.

I will work with support for as many hours or weeks as it takes to get a secure BIOS update with no red flags. A lot of my job is watching progress bars. I can watch those progress bars, talk with clients, hone my skills, and sit on hold with you forever. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms