Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClayLivince
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 1 of 5

Wacom pad issues on Yoga book X91F

Recently I bought a yoga book for taking notes in class and doing some sketches. I love this design , it fit anything I wanted.

But since I got this device I faced a lot of problems. One of them, also one that I tried a lot but not get solved, is a problem related to the wacom writing pad

For pressure sensitivity I installed Wacom feel driver 7.4.3-8, an old version which I find that works on another post. And then after the computer restarted, it seems the pad rotated 90 degrees, holding the pen moves horizontally and the cursor moves vertically. I can't find a place to change the orientation.

So I uninstalled it and make the driver back to the HID one, the cursor works correctly when I use the device like a laptop( I don't know how to describe it, maybe landscape mode?) But when I rotate it and try to use it like a notebook (opened and in 1200*1920), the same problem occur again.

So could this device use the wacom driver properly? And how to make the writing pad fit the rotation of the screen?

I am not a native English speaker, sorry for my poor English. I have been suffocated very much for plenty problem on this device. I tried my best and fixed most of them but I really can't fix this one. Thanks for anyone that helps, thank you.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 213
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wacom pad issues on Yoga book X91F

Since no one else has responded - I think I've seen the orientation issue in the past but I can't recall what fixed it exactly I'm afraid.

I think you may need to ensure the system drivers are properly installed - I'm thinking in particular the multi-mode driver. I think then the keyboard section has to be installed or reinstalled after that has been done, and to do that properly you will need to uninstall and delete the existing driver before reinstalling (or updating) and rebooting to  ensure the system actually uses it. The deleting bit is important in this.

There is more about this in previous threads - the order in which drivers/system software are installed is important with the Yoga Book and there seems to be this quirk about getting the keyboard driver installed.

Hope this helps.

ClayLivince
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your help but unfortunately it doesn't seems to work. I deleted any software and driver related to the keyboard and reinstalled it but nothing changed. I am trying to reset this computer. Since I got this device I have reset this thing more than five times…
It seems the reset didn't solve the problem…
davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 192
Message 4 of 5

Sorry that didn't work, but the main point was ensuring that the underlying drivers/software  are in place. A reset shouldn't remove any drivers that were already there (software possibly) but a fresh install certainly would, and if these elements were not put in place after that then things would not work as they should.

Obviously, I don't know exactly what's been done on your device in the past - and there may be another reason for the issue I'm not aware of. 

ClayLivince
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much for your help. I have paid too much effects on this computer. I got a sai2 that supports Wintab. I don't want to waste anymore time on this stuff.

This device was nearly brand-new when I get this, and the first thing I did after I get this was completely reset it because it was a used product. Maybe it already became malfunctioned before I get it.

I'll try my best to overcome my OCD...... lol

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors