Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

11-13-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

8 Signins

58 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 12

Which third-party styluses (for example, Wacom) will work with the Lenovo Yoga Book?

2016-11-14, 16:54 PM
  • I lost my original pen within 48 hours of getting my Yoga Book (no where to store the non-descript black stylus)
  • Lenovo's website charges £15 delivery for orders under £50.
  • Lenovo sent the replacement pen via UPS with the following restrictions:
    • cannot be left with a trusted neighbor
    • delivery only made between M-F
    • if you are not home (for example, at work) Lenovo does not allow UPS to leave the package at at an access point
    • Lenovo does not let you change the delivery address, once the order has been made.

The above makes Lenovo a consumer unfriendly web vendor, therefore I would like to know of a compatible third-party stylus that I could order from Amazon without all the delivery restrictions and exhorbitant delivery charges being made by Lenovo.

Also I dread having to order a replacement Lenovo nib should I lose it. 

A lot of my dread would be allayed if Lenovo replacement pens and nibs were available through Amazon or other retail shops in the UK.

Options

9 Posts

12-01-2016

Poland

10 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Which third-party styluses (for example, Wacom) will work with the Lenovo Yoga Book?

2016-12-01, 10:09 AM

Any progress? I lost the pen too.

Options

8 Posts

11-13-2016

8 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

Re: Which third-party styluses (for example, Wacom) will work with the Lenovo Yoga Book?

2016-12-03, 16:47 PM
Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer yet for which Wacom tech would work with the Yoga Book, however I believe that an equivalent Wacom stylus would cost over £50 so if you can order the Lenovo do it with the caveat that you cannot change delivery address once ordered (or be left at drop-off point), weekday delivery only, and an adult must be present at address to sign for delivery. It might be worth ordering 2 pens in anticipation of losing one again. This time around I have taped bright electrical tape around the pen cap so that I won't easily lose it under a train seat or what not. I've also bought an Acme Skinny Sleeve MacBook 12" sleeve from John Lewis into which the Yoga Book fits a treat. Into the sleeve I have attached a spare Surface Pro 3 loop holder (a piece of fabric that normally attaches to a Surface Pro's keyboard) into which I store the pen religiously when I'm not using it.
Options

8 Posts

11-13-2016

8 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2016-12-03, 16:51 PM
I'm thinking of taking the replacement pen to a retailer that has Wacom tech-enabled tablets/laptops on display and then see which devices respond to the pen Once I know of potentially compatible devices I'll see which Wacom tech they use and what third-party pens are available.

Again, I think the equivalent pen is going to cost as much if not more than the Lenovo pen, but I suppose the point is not having to be dependent upon Lenovo should we ever lose the pen in the future and Lenovo has decided to stop selling replacements.
Options

8 Posts

11-13-2016

8 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2016-12-07, 15:28 PM
Hi Janger,

I think the Wacom tech used in the Yoga Book is the same as the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I've ordered a Galaxy Note 4 S-Pen from Amazon for £10 to see if it will work for digital note taking. Like the Lenovo Real Pen, the S-Pen also has 2048 levels of sensitivity. I'm fairly certain that it is the same technology and am willing to risk the £10 to find out.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Options

8 Posts

11-13-2016

8 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2016-12-08, 21:28 PM

I can confirm that the 'Samsung Original Pen for Note 4/Edge - White' stylus is recognised by the Yoga Book's Wacom digitiser.  The stylus is tiny but proves the stylus tech necessary to interact with the Yoga Book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Original-Pen-Note-Edge/dp/B00NFGKIIA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1481231174&sr=1-1&keywords=%27Samsung+Original+Pen+for+Note+4%2FEdge+-+White%27

Options

8 Posts

11-13-2016

8 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2016-12-08, 21:31 PM

I can confirm that the 'Samsung Original Pen for Note 4/Edge - White' stylus is recognised by the Yoga Book's Wacom digitiser.  The stylus is tiny but proves the stylus tech necessary to interact with the Yoga Book.

Options

8 Posts

11-13-2016

8 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2016-12-08, 22:03 PM

I think this might be the Wacom pen that will work with the Yoga Book (not ink writing mind you).  I have not tested this nor read anywhere other than in the description of the product that it is compatible with the Galaxy Note 4, but I think this is Wacom's offering.  Given that the Galaxy Note 4's original pen works with the Yoga Book, I would assume that the Wacom Bamboo Smart Stylus Pen for Select Samsung Galaxy Devices would do the same.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wacom-bamboo-smart-stylus-pen-for-select-samsung-galaxy-devices-black-gray/4573600.p?skuId=4573600

Wacom's compatibility webpage also states that the Bamboo Smart Stylus Pen for select Samsung Galaxy devices is compatible with the Note 4.

https://www.wacom.com/en-gb/comp

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Views: 9880
  • Message 9 of 12

2016-12-09, 13:08 PM

I tried the Samsung pen as well. As expected, the button doesn't function with the Yoga book. I also found that it was better for pressure sensitivity with a much firmer setting than I would use for the Lenovo pen. Useful to have though as an inexpensive backup in case of losing/mislaying or breaking the Lenovo one.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Views: 9880
  • Message 10 of 12

2016-12-09, 22:56 PM
Correcting my post above: the Samsung pen button does work when the Create pad is in use - the button opens Sketchpad by default.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms