Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-28-2016

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: Which third-party styluses (for example, Wacom) will work with the Lenovo Yoga Book?

2016-12-28, 4:30 AM

Hi David,

1. Have you tried the Samsung Pen directly on the screen of the Yoga book? If yes, does the Palm Rejection work when you're writing on the screen directly?

2. Are you using the Yoga book with Windows?

Thanks a lot.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: Which third-party styluses (for example, Wacom) will work with the Lenovo Yoga Book?

2016-12-28, 11:09 AM

wrote:

1. Have you tried the Samsung Pen directly on the screen of the Yoga book?

Yes, I tried it and it didn't work. Whether this is because it's the wrong material or too small a tip (or both) I couldn't tell.

I also tried stylus's from from various old pda's - which didn't work - but I didn't expect them too.

Curiously I tried a tip hand made from a "Hard As Nails" type product whch did work.

A Surface Pro 3 pen also worked on the screen - but not the buttons of course. It's simply the tip that allows it to work - even with the aaaa battery removed the pen will register on the screen ( but not on the Create pad, of course).

The harder of the tips provided with the Surface Pro 4 also worked as did an ordinary graphite pencil.

I guess when trying things like this the contact size is important and people might get different results from the same things.

I haven't experimented enough with any of them to be sure about palm rejection. I think possibly that it didn't work on the screen - I recall getting soome palm marks at some point in my playing around.

I will try and have another go and test for this later today if I can. SInce the technology would be the same as if you were using the Real Pen the results would be the same.

A related thought I had that might be useful to some is to find an ordinary biro that uses the same type of refill as the the Real Pen (they do exist - I already have a couple). I can carry one with the Yoga Book and swap the nibs between the biro and the Real Pen when needed - which also means I have somewhere to store the Lenovo nib when using the biro nib in the Real Pen, and the biro pen will function on the screen if needed.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms