Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-25-2018

France

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Windows does not work anymore

2018-07-25, 15:33 PM

Hello,

I have really big issues with my tablet's OS.

With no reason, the operating system seem to have reboot, I have a blue screen with the "Hi there" questions about my location aso.

I fill it, click on next, I fill the customized (or default) settings to launch Windows, an other blue screen telling me to wait appear, the Lenovo logo appears, all seems to act good, and then the Hi there appears.

It is an infinite loop !
Could Lenovo help me to fix it? I really need to have my tablet working.
All seems ok, the halo keyboard works I can type on the "Hi there" screen), the buttons work, the screen work, the sound work (I heard the narrative function), the battery works, the tactil work ! I do not know how to do...

Please help me. I called Microsoft and as the tablet does not have USB port (only micro USB), they say that it is not possible to use their solutions as Windows can't boot on this kind of USB port.

Thanks,
Regards,

Julien

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows does not work anymore

2018-07-25, 16:34 PM

You should be able to boot from a USB flash drive with Installation or Repair disk written on it. You can make such disk from another computer using the Media Creation Tool for example.

Make sure your Yoga Book has a well charged battery and is switched off. Attach the USB drive using an OTG connector. It should also be fine if the USB drive is one with a dual connector and has a micro USB.

Hold down the volume up button and then power on button keep holding them down. Wait until the screen shows signs of life and then release them (especially the power button -doesn't matter so much if you keep holding the volume button).

This should give you a menu from which you can choose boot options (use the touch screen - keyboard won't work at this point) - which will show you the USB drive as an option.

(I think at this point you get the built in recovery option - never used that myself so I can't vouch for it.)

If you use an installation disc it should detect that there is a Windows installation on the computer and offer you the option to repair or do a new install.

I'd suggest trying repair first - should avoid problems with the various drivers that don't come with the disk media.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Windows does not work anymore

2018-07-25, 17:19 PM

What did you do before getting this? It seems that your Yoga Book got updated to a newer version of Windows. Have you tried using the recovery options? You can also do a factory reset which will remove everything and install back all the drivers and software that originally came with your device.

For more information on how to do so, follow this guide:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502594

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms