Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

09-19-2018

United States of America

10 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 720-15IKB Constantly dropping wifi connection

2019-01-08, 1:22 AM

Hello, looking for any help I can get.  I have a Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB laptop.  I have had this machine for 1 year and 1 day.  One week ago i started having this issue where the machine would tell me i was connected to my wifi router with no signal.  I would restart and it would connect and minutes later same thing.  I have a VERY strong internet connection via wifi in my home.  Two days ago I had my Lenovo and work laptop (HP) side by side both connected via Wifi.  The lenovo dropped the internet every few minutes.  I called for support (as i had one day left on warranty) and the consultant had me update my Bios and drivers.  Still no luck, the interent keeps dropping but i am 100% certain the wifi is working throughout the house.  

Is there anything I can do as this machine is useless if it cannot maintain steady internet connectivity via wifi.  Also is there any way to connect via ethernet with this machine? Pretty sure the answer to the latter is no, but just checking.  

Thank you so much in advance!!

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 720-15IKB Constantly dropping wifi connection

2019-01-08, 6:21 AM

You'll probably get a better response from the forum if you post in the Lenovo Yoga Series Notebooks section where people with the same device will see it.

My experience has been that some devices are more prone to interference from other signals in that waveband than others. Whether that's the case with yours I wouldn't know. If there are device specific issues then people there may be able to help.

You can get usb dongles for LAN connections - I had one that came with a Asus laptop - but I can't offer any recommendations.

Options

6 Posts

09-19-2018

United States of America

10 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 720-15IKB Constantly dropping wifi connection

2019-01-08, 13:10 PM

Thank you for that tip.  New to the forum so didnt know where to post.  Thanks again!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms