Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-06-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 8

Yoga Book FUBAR

2017-09-06, 16:58 PM

I have a Yoga Book  X91F that I have screwed up beyond belief through my stupidity.  I thank you in advance for your assistance, and your patience with my limited skill set and vocabulary.

Please note, I have zero access to the keyboard at this time.  I can make a selection on the touch screen only.  I have tried using volume to toggle up or down and power button as enter, but without success.  I just have the light with the pen on the keyboard slowly blinking, silently mocking me...

When I boot the device normally, I get this message:

Do Not Found UEFI System Partition!  (and the option to click "OK")

Clicking OK takes me to a screen "Boot Option Menu" which says use arrow up or down to change option, enter to select an option, esc to exit.

I have no options to choose from!  So I click the exit button on botton right.

and go to black screen with small type that says "No bootable device -- Please restart system"

To escape this loop, I hold volume button while powering on to get to a screen with these options:

Novo Menu

Normal Startup (which gives the loop above)

BIOS Setup

Boot Menu

use arrow up/down to change option, enter to select an option

I cannot select Novo Menu.

When i select BIOS Setup, I get new screen with Information, Configuration, and Exit tabs. Here is what they say:

Information:

Product Name = X91F

BIOS Version = 04WT18WW

EC Version = 04EC96WW

Lenovo SN = HA0NFQWW

UUID = 41564E49-494C-0044-0000-000000000000 

CPU = INtel Atom x5-Z8550 CPU @1.44 GHz

System Memory = 4096 MB

Storage = SamSung CWBD3R

Preinstalled OS license = Not defined

OA3 ID = KCPND-VRBWQ-CY4YQ-7BHKQ-VXMK3

OA2 = N

Configuration:

System Date and Time are current

BIOS Back Flash  = Off

Secure boot = On

Secure Boot Status = Enabled

Platform Mode = User Mode

Secure boot Mode = Standard

(these are I believe Factory settings, I have chosen the reset to factory settings to get those above)

I exit (saving changes) and get screen that says "No Not Found UEFI System Partition"

only option is to click OK

Which takes me back to Boot Option Menu with no choices!  

Exit that, and get No bootable device -- Please restart system.

It is a vicious loop!  PLEASE tell me what to do to fix this mess!  I do not care to salvage any files from the device, I am fine with a factory reset or whatever.  I just do not know how to do that...

Thanks in advance

Options

113 Posts

11-18-2011

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

157 Signins

897 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 897
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga Book FUBAR

2017-09-08, 13:39 PM

When you say your stupidity, what did you do exactly? And what has happened to the keyboard?

Basically the OS is not found, so either you hosed the Windows installation (assuming it had Windows installed), or the hard drive is dead. It lised in the BIOS output below so may be OK.

If Windows is just dead, grab an 8GB or larger USB key and boot from it and reinstall windows using this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Options

1 Posts

04-21-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 3 of 8

2018-04-21, 22:56 PM
Just wondering if you found a solution.
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Views: 9880
  • Message 4 of 8

2018-04-22, 7:32 AM

What Bobdonkey is suggesting needs a little explanation.

You would need to use Microsoft media creation tool to creation a usb which can been used as an installation tool (you'd also need an OTG adaptor to connect it to the yoga boot, unless you've got a dual usb/micro usb drive available). And you'd need to do that on another commputer of course. On the yoga book bios you'd choose boot menu and then the usb drive. Once running the install media  you could try and use the repair option, and it that doesn't work do a new install. You will need to take some effort to get all the drivers installed in this case. I'd go for the repair option before resorting a re-install.

Alternatively if you have a windows media iso already you could burn that to a usb drive with software called rufus.

I don't know whether it would work in this case but you could try creating a boot up recovery tool from https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

This may allow you to recover the partitions as they were before they got deleted (Even when a Microsoft repair disk can't). If this works it should leave you with all your data and set-up BUT you need to read the documentation and be careful what you do with it. It's not software that's easy for the inexperienced to use. (I'm inexperienced and have found that out for myself - but it has also saved me in the past.)

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Views: 9880
  • Message 5 of 8

2018-04-22, 7:50 AM

Oh, I ignored a simpler option that might be worth trying - use a usb keyboard attached with a OTG adapter (before you boot). Again if you can, use repair rather than re-install - a fresh installation may work but it has it's own problems later on.

The halo keyboard will not function until the OS and the keyboards drivers are running. The bios (it's the uefi actually, not really a bios anymore) can't see it or use it.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 6 of 8

2018-04-22, 17:29 PM

Looks to me that you have your Windows corrupted. Possibly some hardware malfuntion. It will be really helpful to know what you have done that caused this issue.

If you're looking to re-install Windows on your Yoga Book, your best option is to follow this guide carefully (https://forum.xda-developers.com/yoga-book/how-to/windows-guide-creating-windows-10-t3718823) and do exactly as it says. I installed Windows on my Yoga Book following this and it was so much easier than I expected.

Best of luck ?

Faris

Options

1 Posts

04-05-2020

Saudi Arabia

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 8

Re:Yoga Book FUBAR

2020-04-05, 17:17 PM
This problem is happening to me now ... did you found a solution ?
Options

3 Posts

09-06-2020

Mexico

2 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 8 of 8

Re:Yoga Book FUBAR

2020-09-06, 5:49 AM

me too, did you find a solution? thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms