Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9890
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga Book - Fall Creators Update result

2017-10-17, 21:42 PM

I have just done the Fall Creators Update on the Yoga Book.

Downloaded the Media Creation Tool and used it to save to a USB drive (I'll use it to update other machines).

Did the install from the USB Drive within Windows running the setup.exe file and opting to keep my data.

Install process was slow (expected) but no issues came up.

I have not tested it extensively, and there are things that I don't and won't use that other people will be concerned about. I can't say everything works perfectly but nothing I've done so far has shown up any issues -  so far everything seems to much as it was before the update.

I haven't tried the new Mixed media or One Note yet.

So it has been a successful update with no problems.

(Doesn't mean you shouldn't do backups before trying it yourself!)

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga Book - Fall Creators Update result

2017-10-18, 6:05 AM

Downloading the update now via Windows Update. Hopefully it's not going to troll. If anything is not working well, I'll reroll to the previous version of Windows.

I would like to remind the community to keep the Windows.old folder and not to delete the "previous versions of Windows" to have the possibility to go back to older version in case something is broken in 1709.

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9890
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-10-18, 9:18 AM

Personally I feel more comfortable doing these updates from a USB drive (especially since I have to do a few machines).

Having done three so far this one seems to go smoother, and each machine has been useable immediately. With the Yoga Book I had to disable haptic feedback and reverse scrolling (which is important for me and had expected) but apart from that it's been painless.

I'd suggest to anyone to go into Settings/Personalisation/Start and switch off "Occasionally show suggestions in Start" - unless you like that sort of thing. But I was pleased not to have to go through deleting Candy Crush and Angry Birds yet again. I think it would be wise to to check through the settings generally because the "People" feature especially, but others things as well, may do stuff some people will want to stop.

Some may be worried when the screen goes into portrait mode during the process but that should resolve itself as soon as the relevant drivers become active again.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-10-18, 12:53 PM

I totally agree with you davidbenton. Updating process was slow indeed. Screen went portrait mode for some minutes but nothing to worry about. Now the system is stable and I am not experiencing any bugs or slow downs. I've been using it for nearly one hour so I can't tell if everything is fine but I'm confident to say that 1709 works better than 1703 on the Yoga Book.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms