Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

314 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1899 Signins

9885 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9885
  • Message 11 of 24

Re: Yoga Book Pen Problem

2018-03-21, 9:57 AM

There was a cross post there -  FarisJayyousi  made a good suggestion, but I'd check the thought in my last post first.

It does appear that when the original factory setup has been wiped getting everything working properly afterwards is a problem.

I'd avoid doing re-installs if at all possible and stick to updates. Since the storage space is small compared to most laptops it's especially worth doing system backups when things are running well so at least the Yogabook can be restored to a good setup if things go wrong.

Options

8 Posts

03-13-2018

United States of America

11 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 12 of 24

2018-04-08, 10:42 AM

So I had finally gotten this thing working again for a while, even got quite a few sketches and digital drawing practice out of the way but I turned it on to use it again and both the keyboard and the sketchpad weren't registering any kind of input even though I could still switch between the two modes. Last time this happened, just turning i off and back on again worked and it's been good ever since so I tried that again. The keyboard now works (which I'm currently using now) but now the pen won't even register at all on screen. I've ordered a Wacom Intuos Pro (the newest version with the Pro Pen 2) so I may end up using it more from now on but I'd really like to keep the Lenovo running for when I'm away from my computer if possible. I dunno, I just seem into random roubles like this with the Yoga Book and I'm hoping that when the Intuos Pro gets here that it won't give me problems in a similar fashion. Anyway, I hope to get this fixed if not just for my sake but for the sakeof others who might try finding a solution later on for similar problems.I may try reinstalling drivers again and see if that helps but thelast time I did that it made problems worse andI had to reinstall Windos again, lol.

**Edit**
I just wanted to add a big thank you for all the help and suggestions I've been getting, I really appeciate it!

Options

314 Posts

11-19-2016

1899 Signins

9885 Page Views

• Message 13 of 24

2018-04-08, 18:02 PM

Well I glad that we helped, but it doesn't seem to have fully sorted your problems.

I can't recall the exact context in which I saw it but I read a suggestion of "power cyling" - in this case it was done by holding the power button for 30 seconds leave it for 5 seconds then hold for 30 again. Haven't done it myself though. But ....

I am the sort of soul who turns things off by habit when I'm not using them - I wonder whether just powering the yogabook down more frequently (eg: overnight or just when you know you won't need it for a few hours) rather than leaving it to sleep for long periods might be a workable plan? (I appreciate you might be doing this already anyway.)

Options

314 Posts

11-19-2016

1899 Signins

9885 Page Views

• Message 14 of 24

2018-04-08, 18:05 PM

Sorry there -  I didn't read your post properly before replying - so that wasn't any help I think. Sorry again!

Options

8 Posts

03-13-2018

United States of America

11 Signins

102 Page Views

• Message 15 of 24

2018-04-09, 11:55 AM

It's alright, it happens! Yes, I usually shut it down all the way when I'm done using it and I never use it for longer than 2 hours or so at a time. I haven't turned it back on since I posted the last question. The battery was at like 20-something% so I might try just charging fully and then turning it back on to see if maybe it's just being wonky at lower battery levels for some weird reason.

**Edit**

I'd also like to add that for my usage, I only have to charge it normally a couple days a week. Really surprising! 

Options

314 Posts

11-19-2016

1899 Signins

9885 Page Views

• Message 16 of 24

2018-04-09, 12:22 PM

It might be worth me saying that with the Windows Ink apps you need to select pen input before the screen will respond to the pen - ie: click on the hand with a swiggly line icon. I spent months thinking it didn't work in those apps before I realised! But if I was quick testing things I'd use them because they are easily accessible - perhaps you're doing similar.

I got a Yoga Book realising that a) it wouldn't be a fast machine and b) it was likely to need some work to get it as I would like. So I got what I expected and have not been disappointed - and it's a cool little device to have.

Options

8 Posts

03-13-2018

United States of America

11 Signins

102 Page Views

• Message 17 of 24

2018-04-11, 15:06 PM

Yeah, I bought it knowing it wasn't a very powerful machine but knew it would do great as a machine to sketch with. I can include a sketch I've done on it. It's my first foray into digital drawing so it's nothing too great just yet. I mainly use Mischief on it because it seems to run the best on it and since it's best used for sketching the infinite canvas feature of that program is pretty much perfect for that need.

Options

5 Posts

08-31-2018

Philippines

4 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 18 of 24

2018-11-06, 4:05 AM

I am currently having the same issues. When i press the write pad button and i try to hover the pen over the keyboard surface, it doesn't work and it only moves the cursor to the top left most corner. i've reset the yoga book 2x and still have the same problem! i backed up all my files and full factory reset it. still doesn't work. i've tried reinstalling halo keyboard driver and followed the instructions in the text file but it the pen still doesn't work right. i don't think it's a hardware issue, there's something wrong with some internal driver or software issues. any help please? i use my yoga book extensively in school to write down notes.

Options

5 Posts

08-31-2018

Philippines

4 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 19 of 24

2018-11-06, 4:17 AM
Okay never mind i managed to fix it right after i wrote my reply.lol I just uninstalled the wacom pen driver and all is good with the pen functionality in the surface so far.
Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 20 of 24

2018-11-06, 6:01 AM

wrote:
Okay never mind i managed to fix it right after i wrote my reply.lol I just uninstalled the wacom pen driver and all is good with the pen functionality in the surface so far.

Glad you managed having it fixed by yourself. What exactly was the driver that you uninstalled to fix the problem? Waccom Feel Driver? And do you know the version of that driver by any chance?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms