Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Death_of_Chaos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,855
Message 1 of 24

Yoga Book Pen Problem

I've looked at the problems concerning the pen on the forums here and none of them seem to pertain to my problem specifically so I figured I would go ahead and ask.

I have a Lenovo Yoga Book (the 64GB version). I reinstalled Windows 10 because it was locked out due to bitlocker, the Halo Keyboard wouldn't switch to the sketch pad mode so I reinstalled the drivers for that per the official instructions by Lenovo, and now the pen only interacts with the very top left hand corner of the screen no matter where I use the pen. I'd really like to start drawing again!

Thanks in advance for any help I might receive!

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 2,812
Message 2 of 24

Re: Yoga Book Pen Problem

Try reinstalling the Halo Keyboard and Goodix drivers once more and make sure you follow the steps discussed in multiple threads here to confirm that it's working as it should. If that doesn't work then it might be a hardware problem..

Death_of_Chaos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,776
Message 3 of 24

I did this and the Halo Keyboard refuses to to switch to switch to the drawing slate and even stays on when flipped over to Tablet Mode.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 2,753
Message 4 of 24

You might try checking you have Multi Mode Packages from lenovo support site installed (and maybe other things but I'm not sure about that).  Confirming the drivers you installed are working will entail looking in Device manager and see what driver is being used. If it's not the one you ran an installation for you'll need to uninstall, and delete, and reboot to force it to use the new one. (I say that just to clarify what has already been said.)

If you have installed the recent Wacom Feel Drivers you may need to use an older version instead (it's been discussed elsewhere here).

Death_of_Chaos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,736
Message 5 of 24

So where in Device Manager would I look to make sure I have the right one installed? I never installed any Wacom Feel drivers as far as I know. I did reinstall Windows 10 again to see if it would fix anything. Now it seems to work in both keyboard mode and en mode simultaniously. I bring up the Mischieve software and I can draw using the pen with exceptional pressure sensitivity but touching the keys with my palm presses the keys. Uhhh... progress? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 2,730
Message 6 of 24

Look in Device Manager for HID devices and find the one that in its properties refers to Goodix (the company that provides the keyboard hardware).

The symptom you describe of simultanious Halo Keyboard and Create pad function is one I don't recall being mentioned anywhere before. I really don't know why that might happen. It certainly should be a case of one or the other. (I did find myself wondering whether some bad driver might have persisted on the system through your re-installs but I'm not certain that's even likely.)

Palm touch rejection has been discussed elsewhere but I can't recall how much it's down to particular software or a general issue. I have seen the issue but it's not been a real problem for me - I think I just dismissed the software I was trying at the time as something I probably wasn't going to use much anywhwere.

Wacom feel just gives you control over sensitivity but the later versions of it are for newer Wacom products that use different pen technology and causes strange behaviour on the Yoga book (that's why I mentioned it).

Death_of_Chaos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,719
Message 7 of 24

So I reset the Yoga Book last night and it magically worked! I even did some sketching on it which was honestly a first since I got it. With that victory comes another problem though. I turned it back on today only to find that the touch screen no longer works. I used the touch screen last night for hours but somehow since I've turned it off then and back on now, I've somehow lost touch screen interactivity.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 2,696
Message 8 of 24

I'd suggest going into Device Manager again and checking if there's a warning yellow triangle against the touchscreen entry (it's also in the Human Interface Devices section) - if so, that's the problem. So try to install a driver for it. I'd expect windows to find that automatically, but if not, look for the one on Lenovo support pages. Before actually doing anything it might be worth checking that it's not just been disabled.

Otherwise you might try uninstalling the existing driver (don't delete it) and rebooting - which should re-install it automatically.

I think another person here, Sandman??, has noted that the order of installing can affect things, also that rebooting before installations have completed can lead to problems. It seems odd that this should happen so it's worth considering if there's something else causing it.

(Using some software you have to choose an option to use the pen on the create pad - is that action disabling the touchscreen? for example.)

Incidently, re-installing the Halo Keyboard driver has helped me before with a different issue, so if there are future problems there, it could be worth a try as a first resort.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 2,688
Message 9 of 24

Honestly I find it super weird that after performing a system reset, things got messed up again.. 😲 It is supposed to reset your Yoga Book to its factory defaults with all the pre-installed software and factory drivers that came with your device. In your case, I suggest you do a reset to factory settings once more using method 2 (Reset via Novo menu) explained in the following website: 
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502594

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 2,684
Message 10 of 24

Sorry, I was getting slightly confused in one respect on my previous post.

In Windows Ink, eg: Sketchpad, you have to click on an icon (hand with a swiggly line) to enable using Anypen function on the touchscreen.

I was thinking that doing that might disable the ordinary touchscreen function and if it's not switched back after use you'd have no touchscreen access, perhaps just when the app is in the background, maybe, when when the app has been closed in that state as well.

I haven't noticed seeing this myself, but I tend to shut down programs rather than leaving them running in the background. I also tend to shutdown and reboot rather than just let the Yogabook sleep.

Actually I think this could be the more likely solution for your current situation.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors