Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

02-22-2017

Croatia

27 Signins

240 Page Views

• Views: 240
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga Book - Portrait display mode

2017-03-06, 18:28 PM

If I start windows installation from USB or windows upgrade, most of time I see image rotated for 90 degrees (portrait mode) instead landscape what is for me native mode when you have keyboard.

How to fix this?

Regards,

Kruno

Answer
Options

180 Posts

11-28-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

138 Signins

2083 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 2083

Re: Yoga Book - Portrait display mode

2017-03-07, 10:12 AM

Hello kkanjuh

Thank you for using the Lenovo forum.

Please can you clarify more on what the issue is, the device will auto rotate to what what you hold the device.

If these steps do not work or you would like more info on this issue you can call your local Lenovo support line. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Replies(4)
Answer
Options

180 Posts

11-28-2016

138 Signins

2083 Page Views

• Views: 2083
  • Message 2 of 5

2017-03-07, 10:12 AM

Hello kkanjuh

Thank you for using the Lenovo forum.

Please can you clarify more on what the issue is, the device will auto rotate to what what you hold the device.

If these steps do not work or you would like more info on this issue you can call your local Lenovo support line. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

22 Posts

02-22-2017

Croatia

27 Signins

240 Page Views

• Views: 240
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-03-07, 17:03 PM

Hi,

I try to reinstall windows from USB stick. When installation start (dialog where I must choose language, region, etc) I get image rotated 90 degree counter-clockwise. This rotated image stay until almost end of installation windows (last 10% time I get normal image).

When I try to rotate Yoga Book nothing change.

After installation of windows, display work as is expected.

For my point of view it's look that when system load generic driver (this is basic driver until installation not start to use hardware manufacturer driver) BIOS rotate image 90 degree counter-clockwise.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Views: 9880
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-03-08, 8:36 AM

I think the BIOS (and up to a point the windows installation proceedure) sees the Yoga Book as a tablet - which it is, it doesn't effectively have a keyboard until the Halo Keyboard drivers are installed and running.

Many tablets are designed run primarily in portrait mode (I seem to recall times when installing Windows on a tablet in landscape mode the virtual keyboard would obstruct the input field you were trying to type into - portrait mode would have been better) so using portrait mode would make sense.

I don't really see this as a big issue myself and I wouldn't call it a bug at all. I agree it can be a bit awkward during setup, but you don't do it often and it's perfectly manageable as it is. Once the install is past a certain point you're back to landscape anyway.

Options

41 Posts

12-16-2016

United States of America

58 Signins

493 Page Views

• Views: 493
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-03-20, 16:47 PM

I think that may just be how windows works, unfortunately... Though I have not attempted reinstalling the OS on my yoga book, whenever I reinstall/refresh on my older windows tablet (hp stream 7) the updating/installing screens use the bios' default orientation, which is portrait.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms