cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QueJay19
Punch Card
Views: 3,590
Message 1 of 9

Yoga Book Real Pen already broken one day in!?

The small plastic tip broke off into the cap of the Real Pen while changing tips. Took few minutes to get it out of the pen cap. I'm extremely glad that I noticed it was missing before I used it on the tablet, else using the pen would have probably scratched up the tablet.

All I have now are the 3 included real ink tips which means I now HAVE to use paper and the ink tips if I want to use the Real Pen with my Yoga Book. The only way I see to get a replacement plastic tip is to buy a whole new Real Pen.

I'm VERY disappointed.

IMAG0086.jpg

QueJay19
Punch Card
Views: 3,458
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga Book Real Pen already broken one day in!?

Since I followed the instructions for changing the pen tip and still broke it and there are no non-ink tips for purchase, does anyone think that Lenovo will replace the non-ink tip under warranty?

o_oannasuso_o
What's DOS?
Views: 3,319
Message 3 of 9

my pen is broken the same way as yours, i've used it for 2 months, and the tip was flattened too (i guess i've been using it extensively and it kinda scratched the drawing pad a bit.)

I'm going to the repair centre next monday. this is so frustrating.

ottobia
Paper Tape
Views: 3,193
Message 4 of 9

I have the same problem. Does anybody know if this issue coverd by warranty? I have broken the nib at the first change. 

Nice777
Paper Tape
Views: 2,762
Message 5 of 9

I have a new Yoga book and I was wondering if it is normal with these kind of pens that the pen tip (digital pen) is a bit loose? It has a little bit of motion compared to normal day-to-day writing pens.

Is this something that relates to the pressure sensitivity of the pen?

Thanks

N

linearfilm
What's DOS?
Views: 1,467
Message 6 of 9

The nib to my pen broke after 4 days. I have not found replacement refills online

Is the replacement of a pen under warranty?

Cymoril
What's DOS?
Views: 904
Message 7 of 9

If they don't fix the Real Pen issue.

If they don't fix the Real Pen breaking and no replacement issue, I'm going to stop buying Lenovo products entirely. We deserve to get a new pen, because their pen was poor quality and broke on us. Now I can't even make money. I'm not paying 80 dollars for one that isn't made for my Lenovo Yoga Book. This is incredibly frustrating. Lenovo is really starting to get on my nerves.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 879
Message 8 of 9

@Nice777 wrote:

I have a new Yoga book and I was wondering if it is normal with these kind of pens that the pen tip (digital pen) is a bit loose? It has a little bit of motion compared to normal day-to-day writing pens.

Is this something that relates to the pressure sensitivity of the pen?

This is a bit late to answer but yes, the plastic tip of my YB pen is also loose. I don't know the purpose of this (if there is). It was loose since I unboxed my brand new device..

I also haven't switched to the real ink cartidges in fear of breaking the pen tip and because I find no use for this feature.

Highlighted
VeronicaDuarte
What's DOS?
Views: 375
Message 9 of 9

Created a whole profile to write this because the same thing happened to me- the stylus tip broke the first day using it when trying to swap for pen tip- the design is a complete failure and embarrassment. 

HOWEVER! A quick, cheap hack is to flip the metal tube to the other side, and insert a standard toothpick, then insert the tube into the pen itself. It fits perfectly, you can snip off the end so it's not so pointy, the wood isn't hard enough to damage the surface of the tablet, and it writes perfectly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors