Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga Book - Sketchpad and the touch screen

2016-12-02, 10:30 AM

I've noticed that neither the pen or finger touches are working on the touchscreen in Sketchpad (all is fine on the Halo keyboard and pad and they work on One Note for example).

Having spent some time faffing about getting the Yoga Book set up to suit me I'm not certain whether it is something I've lost or was never there anyway.

I thought it might have been the Wacom Feel driver I installed causing it - I tried uninstalling that but to no avail.

(As far as I can tell the Wacom Feel driver only gives you the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the pen on the Halo pad - since the pen has no buttons everything else is useless.)

So the question comes down to - is this normal, and if not any ideas how to fix it?

Mostly I'd live with it but it would be really useful when the Book is folded back as a tablet.

Options

7 Posts

11-16-2016

United States of America

6 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga Book - Sketchpad and the touch screen

2016-12-04, 16:02 PM

wrote:

I've noticed that neither the pen or finger touches are working on the touchscreen in Sketchpad (all is fine on the Halo keyboard and pad and they work on One Note for example).

Having spent some time faffing about getting the Yoga Book set up to suit me I'm not certain whether it is something I've lost or was never there anyway.

I thought it might have been the Wacom Feel driver I installed causing it - I tried uninstalling that but to no avail.

(As far as I can tell the Wacom Feel driver only gives you the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the pen on the Halo pad - since the pen has no buttons everything else is useless.)

So the question comes down to - is this normal, and if not any ideas how to fix it?

Mostly I'd live with it but it would be really useful when the Book is folded back as a tablet.

Using the Book as a regular tablet w/ touchscreen is part of its 2-in-1 design - so yes, this should work. While using the stylus on the screen isn't as accurate as using a finger, that should work as well.

As far as how to fix, I would look at the input drivers to start (and any settings that may need to go back to default). As a last resort, uninstalling and reinstalling those drivers should get you back on track.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga Book - Sketchpad and the touch screen

2016-12-04, 16:13 PM
Thanks for that, I appreciate the response. The issue is not so much that the touchscreen doesn't work - it does - it's fine in One Note for example and generally. It's just in Sketchpad (and Screen Sketch) that there's a problem.
I think I've tried reinstalling drivers, but I might have another go at that anyway. I've looked for any settings that might affect it but going to defaults is a good idea to try I think.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms