Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

11-27-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

18 Signins

152 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 152
  • Message 1 of 9

Yoga Book. Turn off Enable Windows Ink

2017-11-27, 19:29 PM

Just got the Yoga Book today. All working fine except when using Citrix Desktop. A little bug when using Wacom tablets and Citrix Desktop is there is a gap from when the pen starts. This is not a time delay, but a gap in space. ie draw a circle with the pen, and although full on the paper, there is a gap on screen. There is a simple way around it with my other wacom tablets. Go to Wacom preferences, then to pen settings, then Mapping. Once there, at the bottom is a tick box to turn off 'Enable Windows Ink.' When I turn that off, the gap doesn't appear.

This is not the same as turning off the Windows Ink icon and menu. All of those are still there and work.

And there is no setting in the Windows Pen settings/ control panel.

The Yoga Book doesn't have a separate pen settings preferences, so I haven't been able to find an equivalent. I wondered if anyone knew of a registry adjustment that might solve it, or anything else.

Thanks

Pete
Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga Book. Turn off Enable Windows Ink

2017-11-28, 6:14 AM

I don't have enough information about that but have you tried installing Waccom Feel driver on your Yoga Book?

You can find it from the following link: us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

Options

10 Posts

11-27-2017

18 Signins

152 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2017-11-28, 10:02 AM

Thanks Faris, but it just stopped the pen working altogether. I tried changing any settings but nothing got it going again. The Wacom settings available didn't have the setting I was after anyway.

Cheers

Pete
Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Views: 9890
  • Message 4 of 9

2017-11-28, 11:46 AM

The version of the Feel driver now on the Wacom site is ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-47 - and it seems not to work properly on the Yoga Book. You need to find the older version ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-8. Whether it will actually do the job you want I don't know, but it is useful for adjusting pen sensitivity.

Options

10 Posts

11-27-2017

18 Signins

152 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2017-11-28, 11:54 AM

Thanks David. Does the older one have the setting highlighted below? Although the newer one didn't work anyway, the settings dialog was much simpler and didn't have the setting. Thanks

Pete
Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2017-11-28, 16:05 PM

No, it is much the same as you have already seen on the Yoga Book. The screenshot in your post is for a different type of device which I guess is at least partly why.

The main advantage ofthe Feel Driver is pen sensitivity control - in my own case, lowering the sensitivity makes the rendering of my handwriting much better. If I were an artist I imagine I might sometimes prefer a higher setting.

As to switching Windows Ink you might find help from the Wacom user community perhaps - but you'd need to look for information about the original Bamboo Smart pen which is effectively what the Yoga Book uses- the current Wacom ones use a different technology, which is why the newer driver doesn't work well on the Yoga Book I think.

(The Lenovo pen uses EMR).

I don't know, but it looks to me as if it is not a case of "Switching Off" Windows Ink but telling the pen technology whether to use it or not - but I'm at the limits of my tech understanding now.

Options

10 Posts

11-27-2017

18 Signins

152 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2017-11-28, 16:54 PM

Thanks for trying. I've got the same setting page with an older Bamboo tablet and a new Cintq 13". But just bought the Yoga Book and Yoga 720. The former has no wacom settings out of the box and the latter has the Feel Driver.

Cheers

Pete
Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2017-11-29, 7:53 AM

Yes, for some strange reason the Feel Driver wasn't included with the Yoga Book (ie: it's not just you!). I noticed the logo for it on the box and investigated - that's how I found out about it.

Options

1 Posts

02-13-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 9 of 9

2018-02-13, 5:48 AM

Any update on this? I'm having this lag/delay on the Adobe suite and it's driving me nuts. Makes the Lenovo Yoga 720 useless to me, besides some rough sketching.

My verison of the Feel Driver doesn't have an option to disable Windows Ink. I tried installing a legacy version of the driver, but it tells me that it can't find my Wacom device. I disabled the Windows Ink Workspace. I disabled all extraneous effects, options, and registry entries according to a thousand different guides online.

This delay does not want to go away. Is there no way to turn off Windows Ink on the Lenovo Yoga?!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms