Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: Yoga-Book Windows - YB1-X91F Drivers Compatibility

2018-09-30, 7:52 AM

There are two issues being raised in this thread now.  One: Drivers and  Two: storage space for updates.

As far as I can tell, the drivers from the Lenovo site work, or automatically installed by Windows do work with the recent versions of Windows (don't know about 1809 yet), but if one is doing a fresh install, the order in which they are installed is important for proper functionality because some are dependant on others. But I'd go with what's been said above and if things are working OK leave well alone.

As I have mentioned a number of times here the more recent Wacom Feel drivers don't work for the Yoga Book (and cause crazy behaviour) as they relate to Wacom products using different Pen technology. (And personally I wouldn't install Lenovo Paper.)

For some reason the issue of storage space problems when doing updates has been raised in relation to the upcoming 1809 update in particular - but it's been the same for previous updates on devices with small hard drives especially this with only 32GB.

I don't have an answer to Jasperkinse's question but I would have thought 35GB free space should be enough. That said, what I will do and would recommend to others is to make a system image and backup any valuable data before doing the update. And if you do have a lot your own files on the main drive delete them (or remove them to a flash drive or SD card) and restore them from the backup after the upgrade.

Normally I'd be as lazy about backups as most people are, but it has always seemed to me that it's not worth taking the chance with the Yoga Book especially as there's not going to be a really huge amount of data to backup anyway. It's not like a desktop with a 1TB drive where it could take hours to do.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: Yoga-Book Windows - YB1-X91F Drivers Compatibility

2018-09-30, 8:00 AM

By the way, it might be better to do these big bi-annual updates from a flash drive made using the Media Creation Tool - it would save having 3 or 4 GB of source files on the internal drive already before updating.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms