Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

05-23-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 1 of 14

Yoga Book YB1-X91F - Halo Keyboard Flashing Pen Icon

2019-05-23, 22:21 PM

Hi, I am having the above-referenced problem for the Yoga Book I purchased in 2017.  I can't turn the pen on nor the keyboard off so I can draw.  Has anyone heard of this problem?

Options

300 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1885 Signins

9810 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9810
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: Yoga Book YB1-X91F - Halo Keyboard Flashing Pen Icon

2019-05-24, 5:47 AM

This has been discussed here before a number of times. As I recall, it happens when some drivers are not installed or have not been installed in the right order. The system drivers need to be working first before the Halo keyboard can function properly I think. Check through old posts for it, but I think it might be the multi-mode drivers that needs to be sorted and then re-installing the keyboard section drivers - but I'm not certain that that's the fix. The drivers can be downloaded from the support pages.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 3 of 14

2019-05-24, 8:22 AM

Download Halo Keyboard 2.0.0.7 drivers from here. Carefully follow the steps in the Read Me file to install each driver in the correct order. Restart your Yoga Book after every install.

Let us know how it goes. ?

Options

8 Posts

05-23-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 4 of 14

2019-05-25, 17:14 PM

Thank you!  I tried that, the first time in wrong sequence, then in the correct sequence.  It readded vibration to my keyboard so I know my keyboard was affected.  I will try it again.  I hope this is the fix as I miss my drawing tablet!!

Options

8 Posts

05-23-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2019-05-25, 17:16 PM

Thanks!

Options

6481 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28946 Signins

1658333 Page Views

• Views: 1658333
  • Message 6 of 14

2019-05-25, 18:23 PM

wrote:

Thank you!  I tried that, the first time in wrong sequence, then in the correct sequence.  It readded vibration to my keyboard so I know my keyboard was affected.  I will try it again.  I hope this is the fix as I miss my drawing tablet!!

Please reply back if this works. It might help others down the line.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

8 Posts

05-23-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 7 of 14

2019-05-25, 19:42 PM

I retried installing the drivers per instructions and the pen light is still flashing.  Do you think it has something to do with the Lenovopaper launcher?  Also the yoga book doesn't turn off.  I have to press the button twice, one to turn off the machine, and then the second time to turn off the flashing pen light.  I wonder if I should remove Lenovopaper and am researching that now.  I want to reset to previous version of Windows 10 but when I try to recover I get message Cannot Find Recovery Environment.  Is it possible to download a recovery environment somehow?

Options

8 Posts

05-23-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2019-05-26, 1:51 AM

PS my pen and keyboard stay on at same time and both work, but neither shut off right away.  I reiterate I have to press the off button twice, once for the laptop and one for the flashing pen light.  I have the old pen that doesn't require batteries and now am wondering if that's part of the problem too in the update.

Options

300 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1885 Signins

9810 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9810
  • Message 9 of 14

2019-05-26, 7:44 AM

Having the keyboard and pen working at the same time seems odd - don't recall hearing of that before. I'm guessing here, but I think the multi-mode packages could be the issue. You could try re-installing them. They are in the Software and Utilities section of the support pages: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/yoga_book_halo_keyboard.zip

I think you might have to go through re-installing the multi-mode and then the keyboard packages to get that to work properly. (As I understand it, if the underlying software isn't in place and running properly the keyboard section doesn't communicate with it as it should.)

When you say your Yoga Book doesn't turn off - is it just taking a long while to do so? I find mine takes 20 secs or so to shut down which is annoying. (There is a Shutdown Service package on the support site but I've no idea of what that actually does or whether it might help.)

Personally I'm not a fan of Lenovo Paper but I've not seen it causing problems except the fact that I don't like what it does which is mostly to open the One Note launcher pop-up.

I don't think it's possble to download a Recovery environment. What I would suggest is when you do get a working system is to make a System Image. I use the option available through the Backup section in Settings  (Go to Backup and Restore(Windows 7)), but others swear by Macrium Reflect. Either way, then at least if things go wrong again you can get to a properly working setup again. I also usually do one before and after each major update - rarely needed them but still worth the trouble.

The tech that the Yoga Book uses for it pen doesn't require batteries in the pen. Any pen that does is using a different technology and is not compatible with the built in system. Only pens that use EMR are likely to work with the Yoga Book Create Pad.

Options

8 Posts

05-23-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 10 of 14

2019-05-26, 17:06 PM

Thank you for your reply!   Yes it is weird that both the keyboard and pen lights are on (pen light constantly flashing) and both are functioning simultaneously.  I installed the multi-code packages three times in correct sequence, to no avail.  

I have to press the on/off button for about 20 seconds, like you do, to tfirst urn off the screen and presumably the machine.  Then to turn off the flashing light I need to press the button again for about 5 to 10 seconds.  

Regarding imaging my system, is it okay to make a system image with my current computer problems, or does that not matter?

And re the pen, after installing the new drivers I now have an icon for the pen/keyboard that does not work (controlling pen commands and haptic keyboard), which I assume is for the new electronic version of the pen (which I don't have).  So that's why I'm wondering if the new electronic pen drivers have screwed up something.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms